• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The TRUTH!...I figured out why forum member funkylogik uses Android and not apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edinburgh is salt and sauce, while Glasgow the rest of the civilised world is salt and vinegar

Fixed that for ya. :)

the sauce is a lot runnier than west coast,I think they water it down with vinegar or something

That's so that the inevitable drips soak into your shirt quicker and ruin it. Never noticed how well the dry cleaning businesses in Auld Reekie are doing? It's a conspiracy..... ;)

Reactions: sntaylor
Upvote 0
Fixed that for ya. :)

That's so that the inevitable drips soak into your shirt quicker and ruin it. Never noticed how well the dry cleaning businesses in Auld Reekie are doing? It's a conspiracy..... ;)

But it's the best, tastiest conspiracy going! Besides, if you were eating it properly you wouldn't spill any of the brown slippery nectar ;-)

I really do miss Brown sauce....

In fact this thread got me fancying a chippy for dinner last weekend, unfortunately I decided to leave work early to get it, and a supposed colleague(who had also left early from another building) grassed me in....now facing the possibility of the sack, but..i got my chippy, just no brown sauce :-(.

Upvote 0
the specifics of what newspaper I'm not going to argue about

It's a scientific fact. honest! Chips definitely smelled better when wrapped in certain newspaper. It was something to do with the manufacturing process of particular paper leaving trace chemicals that reacted with the vinegar.

I definitely agree it should be done with no polystyrene or plain brown and white paper in sight!

A greaseproof "poke" is allowable to hold the chips, then the optimum two sheets of newspaper, correctly wrapped, to retain heat and aroma. Good grief, you even get plastic forks forced upon you these days. I ask you, what self-respecting person eats chips with a fork??? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Mmmmmm... calcium bisulfite...

homer_simpson_drooling.gif

Upvote 0
Chips should be eaten from a newspaper (the scottish sun, not the daily hun) with hunners of vinegar, in the rain at a bus stop with steam coming off them :)
How bad is it when youre standing next to someone with a baga chips when youre on the way home from work after a terrible day and the aroma makes you want to befriend them for the sake of gettin a chip! :D

Upvote 0
I think it's a don't knock it until you try it deal.

I've had some mighty good fish and chips in newspaper.

I was raised hearing that the inside of a fresh newspaper was pretty sterile.

Edit - which just shows how stupid I am.

Are newspapers sterile

Cookies and Newspaper Community Forums - p1 - Food.com

And because that just had to prompt political snark (deleted, this isn't the political forum), this thread can be done now.

Reactions: Revenant Ghost
Upvote 0
Slug, you are clearly going to the wrong chippy mate

Nah, it's 'cos they're all kebab/pizza/burger joints now. The proper traditional chippie is an endangered species.

maybe the posh ones like aviemore! Lol
Not 'The Happy Haggis'??? :D

chippy should be eaten with fingers out the wrapper!
A haddock supper from The Anstruther Fish Bar, eaten on the harbour wall as the sun sets over the Forth, washed down with a bottle of finely-chilled Irn Bru.... life doesn't get much better.

Reactions: sntaylor
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones