• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Themed ROM] NexFro 1.0.1 - Android 2.2 FRF57 (WIFI FIXED)

Thanks for deciding the name!

• NexFro

Votes: 115 86.5%
  • NexCream

Votes: 22 16.5%

• Total voters
I've just discovered something important about the Nex Fro ROM. It will not allow my Droid to charge it's battery when sitting in the dock unless the USB cable is plugged in to the charger. In fact, I've confirmed that even if you sit there for an hour repeatedly checking the battery level, it will not charge if not plugged in! I know, shocking.

Please don't make the same mistake I did, and assume that when using this fantastic ROM you can just leave the USB connector from the dock in the general vicinity of the plug module on the power strip. Evidently, even on NexFro, you have to remember to actually plug the USB cable into the plug module.

No need to donate, I share this out of the goodness of my heart.

;)

Upvote 0
Hey fab, I've been playing with kernels and noticed that I only have wifi when using p3droid lv 125-1100, and get errors on chevys newest. figured any feedback could help ya figure this out. Also, you have any issues with slow text input using swype or slow scrolling in the browser? Everything else is snappy besides those two. I even turned the flash plug in to on-demand rather than automatic and it didn't help any. Thanks in advance, and for the awesome rom

*edit* slow text input is only inside of browser, speedy as ever anywhere else

Upvote 0
Ok I just tried something as a fix to my wifi and it worked! I wiped everything and installed the bb froyo rom, then did an advanced nandroid restore of data i had running on NexFro. Tested wifi and mototorch and they both worked. Then I flashed NexFro as an update and kept my wifi on. After it was all done the wifi still works but mototorch doesn't, what gives?

Upvote 0
Hey fab, I've been playing with kernels and noticed that I only have wifi when using p3droid lv 125-1100, and get errors on chevys newest. figured any feedback could help ya figure this out. Also, you have any issues with slow text input using swype or slow scrolling in the browser? Everything else is snappy besides those two. I even turned the flash plug in to on-demand rather than automatic and it didn't help any. Thanks in advance, and for the awesome rom

*edit* slow text input is only inside of browser, speedy as ever anywhere else

If you have flash installed, then go in the browser and set plugins to "on demand"

Upvote 0
If you have flash installed, then go in the browser and set plugins to "on demand"

That's the prob, I've got it set to that. Even tried turning plugins off, gets a little better but still no where near where it should be, 2.1 browser was much quicker. agree that flash may be the problem, just wasn't sure if anyone had any luck bringing it up to speed

Upvote 0
Following your directions and using your scrips i keep getting "does not exist" errors when I try removing programs. What gives, is something different in froyo, or am i doing something dumb?

edit: it's important to note that when I hit ls all the apps come up and yes, i'm typing everything correctly.

edit2: just for some feedback, wifi works perfectly fine for me, never had an issue. ran the first iteration of froyo, now running this. No wifi problems.

Upvote 0
Following your directions and using your scrips i keep getting "does not exist" errors when I try removing programs. What gives, is something different in froyo, or am i doing something dumb?

edit: it's important to note that when I hit ls all the apps come up and yes, i'm typing everything correctly.

Just checking, did you do su and sysrw first? I forgot to type sysrw the first time and it didn't work.

Upvote 0
Saw a post here.

[ROM] Bugless Beast Froyo v.01 - NexTheme - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Basically, its Fabs NexTheme applied over top of Bugless Beast 0.1

Some of Fab's work to Theme Pete's Rom is completed here. However it's missing some of the tweaks NexBeast 1.1 has over Pete's Rom, such as diabling some of the memory and cpu scripts to use our Taskkiller and SetCPU afterall CPU active widget tells you temps and current speeds. Maybe not terribly usefull but worth showing off when people just don't get it. The scripts of Pete's ROM would be priceless if they worked as well as the real deal... Ahh the tradeoff... Taskkiller uses memory yet you wouldn't have more memory anyway without it, but the hassle and paranoia of what is running currently may not be worth it.

I will say that with Stock/ Vanilla BB 0.1 upon reboot tons of applications start for example. calender/ settings etc etc. You are quickly eaten down to 50MB before the ROM begins to kill the garbage.

Not saying try this...I don't know it's not really an official theme since the origional author didn't post it.

Things to look into for Fab based on my findings. Find out how to stop all these rogue startup apps. Find a temp and current CPU MHz widget and leave the CPU scripts intact. Add other CPU scripts for differnet intervals and faster Kernels. Kill the task manager and allow a real task Killer to function properly. In other words FroBeast:NeXTheme :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones