• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

this isn't another iphone bash, it's a people bash

i have no idea how everybody got so off subject, i mean this started with people blindly buying something they see on TV then it turned into bashing Toyota, then Star Treck, then "who sells more computers?"

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED?!?!?!?!

the point i attempted to make was people buy without doing research, if they see it work then they want it. We are like kids, when we someone with a shiney toy and they are having fun, then we want one too.

and FYI i'm using a macbook right now and i have an iMac at home, my macbook with half the specs as a windows computer i built is twice as fast. i got my macs because i did the research and they work best for what i do

Upvote 0
i have no idea how everybody got so off subject, i mean this started with people blindly buying something they see on TV then it turned into bashing Toyota, then Star Treck, then "who sells more computers?"

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED?!?!?!?!

the point i attempted to make was people buy without doing research, if they see it work then they want it. We are like kids, when we someone with a shiney toy and they are having fun, then we want one too.

and FYI i'm using a macbook right now and i have an iMac at home, my macbook with half the specs as a windows computer i built is twice as fast. i got my macs because i did the research and they work best for what i do

Well if you feel the mac is "faster", the the problem isn't the pc. Its you.

Upvote 0
Well if you feel the mac is "faster", the the problem isn't the pc. Its you.
A bit harsh, eh?

Well, I own the Samsung Moment and I researched it for a good two weeks or so before my rant took a crap on me.

And I shopped for a laptop for a month before I settled with my Toshiba. I love it, not one issue whatsoever....

But yes, people can be so gullible and buy the first "hottest" thing on the market at that point in time. I personally never really liked apple. I had an iPod nano when it came out (Christmas gift) and it crashed on me a few months later. Now I have a 30GB Zune which I also love and not one issue with it. Everyone is different though. I'm glad I found what suits me. :D

Upvote 0
Star Wars is good, but I feel Star Trek is just the better sci-fi franchise.

Star Wars was 6 (3 were crap, guess which) films. Star Trek has 5 series of roughly 400 hour long episodes and 10 canonical films (not counting the new one). For me, science fiction is as much about the allegorical story as the lasers and robots. I like reading between the lines in the plots, and what characters/races represent in humanity.
The key difference, like I said, is that Star Wars is a film which never got turned into a TV show (thank god), and Star Trek is TV show which got made into 10 films (some of which are fantastic, others not so much). So Star Trek is just a more complete canonical universe, which I prefer.
Of course, I'm not counting the vast library of fan fiction and other non-canonical material. Star Wars probably has more of that than Star Trek.

Upvote 0
Prolly cause of Yoda. He is just too damn cute and for a 900-year-old character, he's getting it on!! Lol... I watched Return of the Jedi soo many times. I've also watched a couple of Star Trek episodes, I forgot which ones cause it was so long ago. I watch anything/everything that involves science.... Hell, I watch anything, lol. But yea, Star Wars prolly does have more fans just cause of that sexy little green guy. I want him as a pet one day....

Upvote 0
Since when is dell most popular?

Dell was huge 2 or 3 years ago when it got unseated by ASUS when the netbooks took off. 5 years ago, our procurement department said "THOU SHALT BUY DELL or have a damned good reason for not doing so." (Every request for another vendor was flatly denied until we were able to prove that certain video hardware worked with anything BUT Dells and they grudgingly let us buy something else.)

Fast forward to March 2009, I spec out my Dell XPS and procurement comes back "OMG WTF do you want buy Dell for FFS, we told you to submit 3 vendors!!!11!!" We quietly showed them the memo that said "Until 2010, THOU SHALT BUY DELL." I didn't care, I had a list of things I wanted the computer to be able to do. I'd use whatever as long as it could do what I needed it for. The only reason we got from procurement was "Because." It isn't even worth it to argue about it with them.

Those people have blackberries, not iPhones. They probably haven't gotten the memo that the is the phone to get yet. Usually if I am using something it is because I haven't broken it yet. If I am not using something, it is because I have already broken it and moved on or it is in the queue to be broken.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones