• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thoughts on Ali Express

I think if you're ordering from them, items do arrive and shipments are reliable. Problem sometimes comes when you have to return an item to China for exchange or refund, that's when things may become difficult and protracted.

Definitely avoid ordering famous brand name products from Ali Express, such as Levi, Nike, Samsung, Apple, etc. Alibaba Inc. and the 40,000 thieves. :D

Upvote 0
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/safe-shop-aliexpress/

Don't know if this will help, but Alibaba is using them. Alibaba is traded on the NY stock exchange.
Nice! Thank you for that link! :)

I think if you're ordering from them, items do arrive and shipments are reliable. Problem sometimes comes when you have to return an item to China for exchange or refund, that's when things may become difficult and protracted.

Definitely avoid ordering famous brand name products from Ali Express, such as Levi, Nike, Samsung, Apple, etc. Alibaba Inc. and the 40,000 thieves. :D
No problem. The item is actually a phone case that costs about 10 bucks, so even if it does get lost or whatever, I'm not out much, but I guess my worry is my credit card info. But looking at the link that @zuben el genub posted, it looks like I can take advantage of their "Escrow" service. :)

Reactions: mikedt and Bg260
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones