• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
My impressions:

The phone is big (it's large screen), yet sleek, and has good performance. Applications are snappy, and they don't hickup unless you are doing something silly.

The battery life is fair, I lasted all day while checking emails, checking facebook, and texting for 12+ hours off and on.

Web browsing over 3g will drain your battery fast, but we all have to have realistic expectations. My battery lasted anywhere between 4 1/2 - 7 hours on the web, loading some flash and the like.

On the flip side: I have had several lock-ups since I got the phone 2 weeks ago. Mind you I was flipping around apps and going faster than I probably should. Most of those lock-ups were during music playback (from sdcard and pandora) So I assume it's some sort of bug related to playback...

Overall... Very good phone at a good price (to pay out of pocket that is...). Customer service is decent, if you can stand talking to foreigners. You can't really beat $55.00a month for UNLIMITED (no caps, as long as you arent using P2P/torrents.) And with shrinkage (down to $40 once you pay on-time for 18 months). Let's face it, cell phone contracts are just a scam, and I'm very pleased that I switched to a no-contract based service.

Upvote 0
I just bought it... have to wait for it now... It looks good... the guy who reviewed it in that video made more videos thought his video test isn't so well as he didn't use the proper settings on the phone...
I think you are referring to 'Knoxville363'. I have actually gotten a lot from his videos and they are making me lean more and more towards getting this phone.

Upvote 0
Don't have the phone yet; I'm also waiting for it to show up at Best Buy. A few asked about rooting the Warp. There's a video on YouTube link about rooting the Warp from knoxville363. He has the most complete reviews/info on this phone so far. I can't post links since I'm a n00b, but if you go to YouTube and type in, "How to ROOT your Boost Mobile ZTE Warp," by knoxville363, you'll see a how-to on that. :)

Upvote 0
Don't have the phone yet; I'm also waiting for it to show up at Best Buy. A few asked about rooting the Warp. There's a video on YouTube link about rooting the Warp from knoxville363. He has the most complete reviews/info on this phone so far. I can't post links since I'm a n00b, but if you go to YouTube and type in, "How to ROOT your Boost Mobile ZTE Warp," by knoxville363, you'll see a how-to on that. :)

In my impression, BOOST never had their phone show up at BestBuy, only only found before in WalMart. There is a Cyberpromotion on boost mobile site with 30% off, Why you don't want to have one there?

Upvote 0
As HeroLau said, order through Boost and get that 30% off until the 6th, forget Bestbuy! I ordered it with free 3 day shipping and it got here in 2 days! (My Prevail did the same!)

First impression...HUGH SCREEN! It's like going from Mini Cooper to SUV! I keep having to re-focus my eyes when I have to use my Prevail. :) I haven't activate the service yet so I'm just playing around with the WiFi. So far I have rooted the phone and added few apps and it's working great.

One thing I have to get used to it is the "Home" and the "Menu" button is switched from Prevail.

Upvote 0
I haven't activate the service yet so I'm just playing around with the WiFi.
That's exactly what I'm gonna do for a month. I just payed my final monthly bill on my LG Optimus V (Virgin Mobile), so I see no need to make another phone payment so soon this month. I just gonna start getting it set up with apps and stuff like that and just simply messing around with it using WiFi, as well. :)

Upvote 0
hey there aladdin99:

Yes the keyboard does indedd suck so I went ahed and downloaded the GIngerbread Leyboard. I am a tad bit concerned once I saw this message " Attention: This input method may be able to collect all the text you type, including personal data like passwords and credit card numbers. It comes from the application Gingerbread keyboard. use this input method?
SO how secure is this gingerbread keyboard?

So after a while of searching i finally found a Store that had this phone. They only received two.

The first thing about this phone, for those coming form the prevail, is the screen. Man!!! Is it big clear and very responsive. Also, surprisingly, is it seems to be about the same weight as the prevail. I have noticed a bit of bleed through from the captive buttons at the bottom of the lcd. I only noticed it because i was looking for flaws. Its not really noticeable unless you are looking for it.

This sucker is fast. 40+ linpack and 2200-2400 quadrant. Benchmarks aside, there is no lag to speak of. Angrybirds is silky smooth.

Like others have said the speaker sucks. Hopefully there will be a soft hack to boost the volume a bit.

Another annoying thing is the installed keyboards are bad. I installed Gingerbread keyboard form the market and all is well with the world.

This phone is totally worth $200 bucks.

Not sure why anyone would ever get a contract phone with prepaid companies stepping up their game.
This is just some thoughts after about 16hrs of usage.

Upvote 0
hey there aladdin99:

Yes the keyboard does indedd suck so I went ahed and downloaded the GIngerbread Leyboard. I am a tad bit concerned once I saw this message " Attention: This input method may be able to collect all the text you type, including personal data like passwords and credit card numbers. It comes from the application Gingerbread keyboard. use this input method?
SO how secure is this gingerbread keyboard?

Well it is a keyboard app so it can read your text messages. It is just as secure as the other keyboard apps that came with the phone. That message will pop up if you install any 3rd party keyboard apps.

Upvote 0
I had to weigh in, I have been using a galaxy prevail since june, that was my first android and I got to love it after I put shabbymod on it first, then CTMod later when the GB rom came out. Going from that phone to the Warp was very exciting, I have only had the phone one day but it's easy to see that it's a much higher quality phone.

My favorite things so far:

1. Screen is larger and doesn't scratch like the prevail did
2. No lag on any apps so far
3. 4GB internal memory, no need for link2sd or anything
4. One click root available already
5. When I added this phone to replace my prevail, Boost applied my shrinkage I had previously (went up 5 bucks, but I got to start at 50 instead of the new 55 rate since I had used shrinkage for 6 months already)

Can't wait for a CT or Shabby ROM and CWM recovery, but even with just root the phone is screaming.

Negatives:

1. ADW Launcher doesn't want to stick, keeps reverting back to stock. I am using home switcher, maybe I just need a different app to change launchers.
2. No custom ROM or recovery yet, but that's just me being impatient

Note: WIFI works fine for me at home and at work, in fact I have a much better connection than I ever did with the prevail.

Upvote 0
With Swype, I think I can hit the spec'd 40wpm - one handed, walking, with my hands shaking after three cups of coffee. Seriously. It's that good. Give yourself a day to get used to it and get up to speed.

The stock keyboards are appalling. SlideIT and something-Pal were annoying. Swype is a gift from the gods. Without it, I would never have liked this phone.

I agree that the stock keyboards are not any good. I use Swype as well and love it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones