1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

tmobile down in nyc?

Discussion in 'T-Mobile' started by deel, Feb 7, 2012.

1. deel

deel Member
    None

Feb 2, 2010
    anyone else having issues? i cant connect to internet. i tried pulling battery, still doesnt work. tmobile sucks

Advertisement

2. colnago

colnago Android Expert
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    I've been streaming all day via my hotspot in the DC area, so its not a nationwide issue....no outages that I've expierienced (subject to outage period corresponding with me needing T-Mo data of course) in the (2) years I've been with them. Given the multiple nationwide outages over the past year, Verizon must really suck?

3. deel

deel Member
    None

Feb 2, 2010
    well it depends on how you look at it. constantly getting edge when att and verizon have 4g or 3g, tmobile sucks. ive been down all day. it's improved a little where emails are coming through, but the browser and facebook are still down. and it's drained my battery b/c it's always trying to load the page.

4. surgerush

surgerush Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 18, 2011
    New York State
    I'm in Syracuse, have no problem, never really have a problem, I quite disagree that T-Mobile sucks. I love my phone, love my $30 plan and I get a great signal and great 4G.

5. colnago

colnago Android Expert
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    Meh...its all relative.

My T-Mobile phones get better/constant signal at my new job site, where every other carrier struggles to get signal/connection, including my AT&T phone. All of my co-workers have to leave the area to make a call. However don't forget to factor in the phone itself...my $300 (full price) T-Mo branded Motorola Defy consistently has 10-15dBm better signal than many "flagship" phones, on either T-Mo or AT&T via UMTS.

Then you have a situation like Verizon, where I'm 2 miles from (2) different Verizon stores, and (5) stores/(2) corporate office buildings within 8 miles, and I'm in a weak/no signal area. Yet my T-Mo phones struggle inside my local supermarkets (full signal in parking lots), when every other carrier is issue free.

Crashdamage likes this.