• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

tmobile down in nyc?

I've been streaming all day via my hotspot in the DC area, so its not a nationwide issue....no outages that I've expierienced (subject to outage period corresponding with me needing T-Mo data of course) in the (2) years I've been with them. Given the multiple nationwide outages over the past year, Verizon must really suck?

Upvote 0
well it depends on how you look at it. constantly getting edge when att and verizon have 4g or 3g, tmobile sucks. ive been down all day. it's improved a little where emails are coming through, but the browser and facebook are still down. and it's drained my battery b/c it's always trying to load the page.

Upvote 0
Meh...its all relative.

My T-Mobile phones get better/constant signal at my new job site, where every other carrier struggles to get signal/connection, including my AT&T phone. All of my co-workers have to leave the area to make a call. However don't forget to factor in the phone itself...my $300 (full price) T-Mo branded Motorola Defy consistently has 10-15dBm better signal than many "flagship" phones, on either T-Mo or AT&T via UMTS.

Then you have a situation like Verizon, where I'm 2 miles from (2) different Verizon stores, and (5) stores/(2) corporate office buildings within 8 miles, and I'm in a weak/no signal area. Yet my T-Mo phones struggle inside my local supermarkets (full signal in parking lots), when every other carrier is issue free.

Reactions: Crashdamage
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones