• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help touch screen not working

Jessi2004df

Lurker
Sep 27, 2012
Hey guys! I'm new to the sight. Thanks y'all in advance for any help you might be able to give me!

I own a galaxy precedent that I purchased about 8 months ago from Walmart as a straighttalk phone. For some reason my touch screen all of a sudden decided to stop working. I can take my phone back to Walmart because it has a one year warranty on it. What I'm concerned about is getting my pictures off of it. I'm not the smartest person when it comes to technology, however I really did try to move my pictures over to my sd card several times while my phone was working. The phone also does not have a SIM card unfortunately.

I've already tried rebooting my phone by holding down the up volume button and the power button at the same time. It went to the manual mode screen and I was able to reboot, however that did nothing. I did a hard reset where I took the battery out while it was still on, and still nothing. I've cleaned the screen, really, really, REALLY well. I took the battery out and just let it hang out for awhile, idk why I did that but it seemed logical to me at the time. Anyway, is there anything else I can do? I can't even unlock my phone. I can't do anything. Pictures of my daughter's first 6 months of life are on there, and I will just die if I can't get them. Pease help!!!

Depending on where you stored the pictures, connecting the phone to the computer MAY work.

Other than that, all I can do is give you advice for the future - NEVER keep something as important as those pictures on only 1 device. You should have copies on your computer, on your backup drive if you have one, on a CD or DVD and in the cloud (Dropbox or some other place). Storage is cheap, losing the only copy of a picture is expensive (in heartache).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones