• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trackball / Cursor Issues...help!

The Verizon Rep I talked to (yes i've had my phone replaced because of this issue) said that the trackball senses left scrolls whenever you put pressure on the charging port (slightest pressure). The cause of the issue is the 2.1 update that was rolled out, he did say they would come out with an update to fix this but god knows when it will come out.
NOT TRUE. I had that isse with my Eris BEFORE the 2.1 update came out. And obviously I still do, but it's not enough for me to return the phone. I'd rather just unplug the charger and do my thing (email, txt, etc.) than deal with a factory refurbed phone.

Upvote 0
NOT TRUE. I had that isse with my Eris BEFORE the 2.1 update came out. And obviously I still do, but it's not enough for me to return the phone. I'd rather just unplug the charger and do my thing (email, txt, etc.) than deal with a factory refurbed phone.

I was a little concerned before receiving my refurbished Eris as well, but I was very pleased with the new conidtion it was in. I lucked out, and no silent call problems. It did; however, come with the 1.49 bootloader.

Upvote 0
i am having a similar issue, my trackball works in all directions except left. so i went into verizon today and i started to explain my issue and before i even had the chance to show her the lady said. and i quote "no way, ive never seen that happen before." and i said, well i know im not the only one because of what ive seen on forums.. then she cuts me off and says "are you trying to con us out of a phone so you can hack it or whatever you people call it" i just held up my phone and showed her the issue and she said well, thats too bad, i cant do anything for you for that. have a nice day. needless to say im pretty pissed. im going to go to another store tomorrow.

Upvote 0
i am having a similar issue, my trackball works in all directions except left. so i went into verizon today and i started to explain my issue and before i even had the chance to show her the lady said. and i quote "no way, ive never seen that happen before." and i said, well i know im not the only one because of what ive seen on forums.. then she cuts me off and says "are you trying to con us out of a phone so you can hack it or whatever you people call it" i just held up my phone and showed her the issue and she said well, thats too bad, i cant do anything for you for that. have a nice day. needless to say im pretty pissed. im going to go to another store tomorrow.

Whoa! That would have pissed me off to no end better off using *611

Upvote 0
All I can say is that she a real bitch. When I went to the store, the guy room a look at it, said he had never seen that before. He went online to research it to see if there was a fix. He said it was a known issue with the trackball. They didn't have any in stock but they sent a refurbished one from Verizon with overnight shipping via UPS. Works perfectly now.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Oh man, you should have her job, AND the person standing next to hers' job. That's when you demand a manager. It shouldn't even matter if you are trying to "hack" your replacement, it IS your phone. The fact that your current unit isn't working properly is completely unrelated.

Upvote 0

I would have canceled my contract right then and there and thrown the phone at the wall.

Upvote 0
Mine did this out of the box back in January with the factory plug. I've just learned to deal with it because I'm not going to get into a musical phone return cycle with Verizon like I did with my Omnia.
If I need to use it, I unplug it, use it and plug it back in. Eh, it works for me.
But I jumped out of the Eris gate asking about the jumpy screen issues when plugged in on other forums.
Oh well, life goes on. Jumpy screen and all.
I have to say, it seems to be a teeny, tiny bit better since I rooted. It might be my imagination or maybe I'm finally used to it and habit has me not noticing it anymore.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones