• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Trying to plan my 1st D1 Root

Splendor

Nov 6, 2009
Idaho
I have a non-rooted Motorola Droid running 2.2 and I want to root to try out a ROM. I want to make sure I do this right. I don't want to lose any data (pictures, texts, etc) and I don't want to lose any apps. I've read a bunch of threads and it sounds like this is the general order I should proceed in:

1 - Backup data with MyBackupPro
2 - Root
3 - Backup apps with Titanium Backup
4 - Install ROM

Is this correct? Am I missing anything? Will the root method or ROM make a difference in terms of the process?

I have a non-rooted Motorola Droid running 2.2 and I want to root to try out a ROM. I want to make sure I do this right. I don't want to lose any data (pictures, texts, etc) and I don't want to lose any apps. I've read a bunch of threads and it sounds like this is the general order I should proceed in:

1 - Backup data with MyBackupPro
2 - Root
3 - Backup apps with Titanium Backup
4 - Install ROM

Is this correct? Am I missing anything? Will the root method or ROM make a difference in terms of the process?

that is probably sufficient. I add two additional steps for me.

I use Appbrain, that keeps all of my Apps stored---paid and free--once you sync to it.

and then at 3.5 "Create nandroid backup using ROM Manager"

it should be an interesting and fulfilling experience for you

Cheers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones