• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help TWRP issue...no data transfer

jon cena

Lurker
Mar 30, 2020
Redmi note 7 pro

Everything was perfectly fine until today when I booted into twrp to flash a new rom and forgot to copy the rom.zip.

So from twrp itself I connected the usb cable to my Win10 PC, it detected my phone but in My computer/ Windows Explorer, phone wasn't showing up to copy the data from my pc.

I tried different usb ports but same issue.

I booted into phone os and then tried and then it showed into windows explorer.

Its only that from twrp it isn't showing in explorer where earlier it used to show to copy files.

What could be the reason? How to solve this.

Hi jon cena, I have a Redmi Note 7 and when I plug in my charge cable to my W10 comp I then connect my phone.
Immediately the phone is recognized and a Menu pops up on the screen of the phone asking what you want to do with the phone.
Also the comp shows a Menu at the lower Right side asking what is needed.
Generally the first option will be to charge the phone so you need to Touch for Data or Photo transfer.
The menu on the comp will ask you similar options.
Note: I don't have TWRP installed so this is what happens on a Standard phone and it should be the same with TWRP.
If the connection stays on Charge you will not get Data transfer. Please note I connect the cable to the comp FIRST!
Hope this helps.

Reactions: MrJavi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Hi jon cena, You don't mention it but your phone must be 'rooted' if you are running TWRP in it.
If I connect my Samsung S4 Galaxy GT i9506 which is rooted and running android 7 to my computer, I first have to put the phone into TWRP mode then connect the phone to the comp.
From there W10 will ask me what I want to do and I select open to view files.
from there I can open the Internal storage in the phone or open the external (SD card) and examine all the files I want to.
Maybe you need to follow the same process with the Redmi Note7 Pro.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones