• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root TWRP v 2.0

I agree, I haven't really seen a need to get rid of amon ra, but I'm very tempted to try this. It's just a PC36IMG.zip file right?

Did anyone have issues with accidental touches like argedion wondered?

I'm pretty nervous about the wear that my power button suffers from compared to non-rooted brothers in phone. Hmm.... full touch recovery... very interesting.

that is why I like the latest version of the amon ra style recovery, xda-developers - View Single Post - Amon Ra Style Recovery for Supersonic

i use it with the app Quick Boot. i don't have to use the power or volume buttons for anything. well, except to turn the screen back on.

use qb to get into recovery, home and menu are up and down, back is back and search is like power.

Upvote 0
RC 0.2 is live. Looks like factory reset/wipe issues are fixed now from reading the OP. Going to give it a read and see what the feedback is on the new version thus far. Nice to see they're making progress so quickly!

With them ironing out the bugs so quickly, I may try this very soon. I already downloaded the newest release, so it's just a matter of time before I try it:)

Upvote 0
Bump... this recovery is friggin sweet!!! It takes about a full minute to load, but the touchscreen element is worth it in my opinion. Maybe its just the newness of it and the "hey look, something shiny" element thats been kinda missing since ive settled in to rockin the xplod rom from the psp phone port. Who knows? Anyways, this is still a great development :)

Upvote 0
I feel so awkward using it because I'm so used to ra

Yeah I hear ya. The only problem I have had so far was the initial backup did not take even though it told me it did. I went to check it out on the SDCARD was going to compare the size next to amon ra. (None compressed) then I was going to do compressed and see the difference. The second back up took. Haven't had a chance to compare the sizes yet though :( It's Christmas and well I've been pretty busy. Got a Ham on the Grill (Smoking) Had Church this morning, gifts, more sleep, and dishes. Been getting and receiving so much text messages my battery has about dropped to nothing. So now I have to recharge it. Guess I'll get to play with all that stuff in a hour or so.

Upvote 0
mmmmm recovery....
original

I mean hamm! :p

Upvote 0
Liked the recovery interface but had issues with nandroid restores. Installed recovery, made a nandroid then flashed ICS using Calk's Edify script and no issues flashing the rom:D Then I needed camera for Christmas, nandroid restored back to Energy, no-go:( Wiped and tried again, still a bad restore so I'll try a again at a later date, didn't really have time to troubleshoot;)

Upvote 0
ok guys,
so i installed the twrp rc01 a few days ago and was able to flash mik3.0, but i was getting fc's all over the place so i rewiped and re-flashed and that seemed to do the trick. however, yesterday night i left 4g on all night and i woke up this morning with a dead phone. so i then tried to go into recovery and i get nothing. i just vibrated like 3 or 4 times and the green led flashed. so i took out the battery and tried to go into it again to the same result. so then i tried to install amon ra and it would not ask me to update. WTF!!!!! i then looked at my hboot. some how i got my securities turned back on. not really sure what did that.

the stats of my phone is that i have hboot 2.10 and rooted with unrevoked. so the only thing i was thinking was that i need a phone that is bootable so i can get s-off again. i tried one of my 3.70 ruu's and i was able to get the splashscreen to change back to the htc white screen so that was a good sign. however, it only gave me a blank screen with the green light flashing again. so i then pulled the battery out and went back to hboot. i cleared storage and re-tried the ruu and this time it worked.:D:D:D:D:D:D

i do not know wtf happend but that was frustrating. i hope that rc02 works better then rc01.

now i'm gonna update my phone to gingerbread and then try the new rooting method later.

Upvote 0
ok guys,
so i installed the twrp rc01 a few days ago and was able to flash mik3.0, but i was getting fc's all over the place so i rewiped and re-flashed and that seemed to do the trick. however, yesterday night i left 4g on all night and i woke up this morning with a dead phone. so i then tried to go into recovery and i get nothing. i just vibrated like 3 or 4 times and the green led flashed. so i took out the battery and tried to go into it again to the same result. so then i tried to install amon ra and it would not ask me to update. WTF!!!!! i then looked at my hboot. some how i got my securities turned back on. not really sure what did that.

the stats of my phone is that i have hboot 2.10 and rooted with unrevoked. so the only thing i was thinking was that i need a phone that is bootable so i can get s-off again. i tried one of my 3.70 ruu's and i was able to get the splashscreen to change back to the htc white screen so that was a good sign. however, it only gave me a blank screen with the green light flashing again. so i then pulled the battery out and went back to hboot. i cleared storage and re-tried the ruu and this time it worked.:D:D:D:D:D:D

i do not know wtf happend but that was frustrating. i hope that rc02 works better then rc01.

now i'm gonna update my phone to gingerbread and then try the new rooting method later.

Wtf???????? Glad you got it working again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones