1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

UMA/ Txting over Wifi

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by homotechual, Jan 8, 2010.

1. homotechual

homotechual Newbie

My best friends house is in a dead zone for T-Mobile, At&t and Sprint only Verizon gets service there and it's barely 1 bar. Anyways the UMA feature on my BB 9700 comes in handy when I am at her house! Does the Nexus have that? I know you can get VOIP but how about txting?

2. smitty24

smitty24 Android Enthusiast

Android (specifically Nexus One) with UMA would be AMAZING!! but sadly the N1 doesnt have that capability.

3. System6

System6 Well-Known Member

UMA on Nexus 1 is a no go, but Google Voice is in beta and it works over VOIP. I bought a Google voice invite on ebay for $3.50, and no can make and recieve VOIP calls.

On another note, my house is usually totally dead, but I get up full bars at times. It still goes dead now and then, but I have coverage more than not.

4. Howie

Howie Android Expert

Google Voice does not place calls over wifi. There are other services/apps out there that may, but not Google Voice.

5. lionelhuts

lionelhuts Newbie

I'm pretty sure that he was saying it works with VoIP services, not that Google VoIP itself is a VoIP provider.

Nexus One Forum

The Nexus One release date was January 2010. Features and Specs include a 1400mAh battery, 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, and Snapdragon S1 processor.

January 2010
Release Date
Reviews