• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unable to find my phone number.

AdamRG123

Lurker
Jul 19, 2017
I recently found my old Samsung galaxy Y, I thought it would be a cool idea to use it for a week, to see if its still usable and to make me appreciate my nice phone even more. But anyway, I also recently bought a new sim card, The sim card in the Samsung was not working so i put the new one in the phone, I started it up and it asked me for the sim pin (So it recognized it) I put it in and it says i have reception and it also gives me the 3g logo. But.... I dont know the phone number of this sim, so i tried to message my other phone so i could see it. but SMSs dont go through, i cant call either. Anyway so i went to: settings - about phone - status - and i saw it has the right network, but my phone number is unknown. And scrolling down it says "Mobile network state - Disconnected" So I googled this and found that you can: tap on contacts [settings] Own numbers and you can make your own, so i did, restarted the phone and then tried to call that number from my other phone, some random person answered, this happened 2 times, i then changed the number again and now when i call it it goes straight to voicemail, so i dont know if that might be because the person whos number that actually is their phones off or disconnected. Anyway another weird thing is i did get and SMS from my carrier saying "Vodacom has activated your free VoLTE service. For further assistance with device settings or more info visit Vodacom.co.za " so the sim is working, I am so confused and would appreciate ANY help.

Thanks - Adam

I dont know if this helps but it might also be worth mentioning that the sim i bought i put into my tablet but my tablet came from Germany so its carrier locked, so the sim didnt work in there.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones