• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unknown Artist

Kiltak

Lurker
Oct 10, 2011
So I have an android and I been trying to put music on it but have had nothing but problems doing so. I keep getting the unknown artist problem. Let me just share with you everything I have tried.

I downloaded MP3tag and edit everything. I have gone out of my way to ensure that all my music is MP3. I have even removed all the art work. I have used almost every app that has been suggested to fix this problem and still I have the unknown Artist issue.

Now I'm at the end of my rope. I find it really sad that the designers of the droid and these apps can not take something as simple as a music player in to account. I mean surely they could duplicate itunes and its capability so that people don't have Unknown Artist.

I have consided the point it is flat out impossible for the android to have a music player and play music with out having the pesky Unknown Artist issue.

I have a few more months till I can upgrade my phone and when I do I'm switching over to the iphone. I'm sorry but I dont want to carry a phone and an ipod around I want to be combine the two with out seeing Unknown Artist. My personal feeling is iphone is vastly superior to android in terms of playing music.

On top of all that every android I have owned has caused me more problems then I can care to mention. I mean to the point were I want to smash the pieces of crap. They are the most worthless cell phones on the market.

That's just my opinion.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones