• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unknown Restarting Problem! [SOLVED]

JustinLUFC

Lurker
Jan 20, 2014
UK
Hello all,

I have been looking online for the past two nights and cannot seem to find anyone having a similar issue to myself.

The problem I am having is as follows;

-The phone boots up fine past all the Samsung logos etc

-Password is entered and I can access all areas of my phone, including the internal memory.

-This privilege however may only last as long as 45 seconds as the phone shuts down and begins to reboot.

I have since followed advice from online and wiped my cache via the recovery mode, the next avenue to address would be I assume - a hard/factory reset. However I am not willing to lose the photos and videos I have on my internal memory.

Which leads me on to the big question and another problem; when i plug my phone into my PC's USB to allow it to sync it does not remain on long enough for me to copy the data, is there anyway I can remove the data from the internal memory through the recovery mode or any other way?

Thanks for any help you provide.

J

Id try booting into safe mode (this disables all user apps) to see if its a dodgy app causing it.
I think you power up and tap tap tap keep tapping the menu button until it boots then it should say safe mode at bottom of screen. Try that and let us know if it still reboots while in safe mode mate :thumbup:

Upvote 0
Thanks for you super quick replies!

The whole idea of rooting etc, was new to me and i haven't really any notion on the benefits etc. so i am running just the standard firmware.

I booted up into safe mode and it doesnt reboot! I have been able to remove all the photos and videos. I think i will try a factory reset now and see if it sorts the issues i am having.

I will let you know if it works,

Thanks again

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones