• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

(Unofficial) Update for Verizon Galaxy Nexus

for anyone that's interested the radios and bootloader from 4.0.4 are available here: http://berz.me/other/toro/402_to_404_btldr_rdo.zip (courtesy of team bamf)

and here: Imm30B_radios.zip (courtesy of p3droid)

as usual, i'm not liable for what you do to your phone

but you should be coming from the 4.0.2 radios and bootloader for these to flash properly. flash in CWM. good luck

Upvote 0
I flashed only radios. The FA02 baseband is what is now showing for both CDMA and LTE. Signal has improved... not "bars" mind you. System is generally reporting about 10 dbm better than before and I am holding 4g better instead of bouncing back and forth. Hopefully this will improve battery for those of us in weaker signal areas as well. Too early to tell.

Upvote 0
Interesting. I took the Nexus off charger at 6 am like normal. Flashed new leak, let settle, started playing around with it. Some phone calls, texting, web. Normally would be down to 40% or so by now. Today at 60%. Still not great but much better. Still getting some data drops but where before it would keep trying in vain to hold onto 4G it now switched to 3G faster and stays there instead of toggling back and forth. So a step in the right direction.

Upvote 0
Any one who flashed it have success regaining root? My Gnex is running the 4.0.4 with the updated radios according to the phone stats, but every time i try to re-root using cwm, it doesn't seem to stick.

Edit: More clarification. It seems that it is rooted, but nothing can obtain root access. The Superuser app finds the su binary v3.0.3. But when trying to use apps such as titanium backup or rom manager, they fail when trying to obtain root access.

Upvote 0
Thought you had to be rooted to flash stuff...did I miss something?

I think maybe you have to have your bootloader unlocked, I forget. When I flashed this update (unlocked bootloader and rooted) it worked fine, but I lost root (bootloader stayed unlocked). Via fastboot, I re-flashed Clockwork Recovery, and from there, I flashed the su.zip to re-root. So I guess in conclusion, you don't need root to flash everything.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Im confused as to what this actually is. I know its available to devs right now but i kwep seeing all over the place that its an ota. Is it going out now or still only availabke via toot/flashig?

It is/was an OTA, seems that it is in some testing phase, possibly - speculation. It was pushed as an OTA to a LTE GNex, and that user made a forum post about it, and a flood of people helped that user pull it and post it.. I read the original forum thread on androidcentral, but there may have been others who received the OTA and posted it as well. It's actually quite an entertaining thread to see how everyone tries to help this first-time poster get the update downloaded.

So, yes, it is originally an actual OTA direct from Google/Verizon. However, it does not seem to be going out as a general OTA. I've only heard of that one person getting it as an OTA, but there are probably at least a small number of others (not me though :rolleyes:).

Reactions: paleodust
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones