• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unrevoked? Tethering? Deleting stock apps? I have many questions!

D

Deleted User

So, I just rooted my phone and am now a little confused. First, what is the Unrevoked reflash for? I though it was a custom ROM, but it seems to be something to back up your phone?

Is the wifi-tethering that installed with the root free, or does it still add that extra $30/month Verizon has on their stock-tether?

Is it possible to underclock the Incredible? My phone never has speed problems, but the battery never lasts the day. It'd be nice to have some trade-off.

Lastly, how do I get a custom ROM onto my phone? Are there any stable ones available yet? Sorry for all the newbie questions, but looking at posts here was just making me more confused :p Thanks for the help!

So, I just rooted my phone and am now a little confused. First, what is the Unrevoked reflash for? I though it was a custom ROM, but it seems to be something to back up your phone?

Is the wifi-tethering that installed with the root free, or does it still add that extra $30/month Verizon has on their stock-tether?

Is it possible to underclock the Incredible? My phone never has speed problems, but the battery never lasts the day. It'd be nice to have some trade-off.

Lastly, how do I get a custom ROM onto my phone? Are there any stable ones available yet? Sorry for all the newbie questions, but looking at posts here was just making me more confused :p Thanks for the help!

1st: the unrevoked flash tool helps you get back into recovery easy and unlock the system to be edited

2nd: wifi tether is free and you do not have to pay verizon as long as u dont go over 5gb a month of data usage you should be fine

3rd: once the kernels are finished being ironed out over at XDA you can flash those and underclock your phone

4th:no clue i am to new at android but u can find some here
Roms | Incredible ROMS

Reactions: EnvyOnTheCoast
Upvote 0
My phone never has speed problems, but the battery never lasts the day.

Apparently, Android Central's battery they have on their online store is a beast and is exactly what you (me, everyone) is looking for to increase the battery life. They're $50 but seem to be worth it from the handful of reviews I've seen.

I'm picking up one of these bad boys once I have some extra money (I'm a college student) to blow and do a little more research to make sure they're as good as what they appear to be.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones