• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unrooting problems Radio 2.15.00.11.19

Pinseter

Lurker
Aug 14, 2012
I need a little help unrooting my EVO 4G,
right now it's running cyanogenMod 7 with a clockwork recovery 5.0.2.2 and a Hboot 0.97.00.00 Radio 2.15.00.11.19

And every time I try to run unrevoked S-on I get a message that my radio is incompatible, but when I try to flash a new radio the system is aborted and nothing is installed.

cyanogenMod 7
clockwork recovery 5.0.2.2
Hboot 0.97.00.00
Radio 2.15.00.11.19
Android 2.3.7

I need a little help unrooting my EVO 4G,
right now it's running cyanogenMod 7 with a clockwork recovery 5.0.2.2 and a Hboot 0.97.00.00 Radio 2.15.00.11.19

And every time I try to run unrevoked S-on I get a message that my radio is incompatible, but when I try to flash a new radio the system is aborted and nothing is installed.

cyanogenMod 7
clockwork recovery 5.0.2.2
Hboot 0.97.00.00
Radio 2.15.00.11.19
Android 2.3.7
I believe the new radio(that goes with gingerbread rom) may be too new for unrevoked. what you may need to do is get the older RUU

This is the name but I dont know where to get it.
RUU_SuperSonic_S_Sprint_WWE_3.29.651.5_Radio_2.15.00.09.01_NV_1.77_CNV_release_150224_signed

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
It took an amazingly long time to find that file, it seems like the Justice Department has shut down every file sharing website, but nonetheless I finally found it.

unfortunately it didn't work, the message that I got reads as follows:

amend scripting (update – script) is no longer supported
amend scripting was deprecated by Google in android 1.5.
It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the clockwork 3.0 gingerbread-based recovery.
Please switch to edify scripting (updater – script and update – binary) to create working update zip package
installation aborted

you guys have any other ideas?

Upvote 0
It took an amazingly long time to find that file, it seems like the Justice Department has shut down every file sharing website, but nonetheless I finally found it.

unfortunately it didn't work, the message that I got reads as follows:

amend scripting (update – script) is no longer supported
amend scripting was deprecated by Google in android 1.5.
It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the clockwork 3.0 gingerbread-based recovery.
Please switch to edify scripting (updater – script and update – binary) to create working update zip package
installation aborted

you guys have any other ideas?

ok first off the message you are getting is because you are on clockwork mod. it only with certain scripts that tells the recovery how to flash the file and what to do with it. cwm only supports a script called edify while most scripts is done in amend. however, the ruu's and even PC36IMG files are not flashed in recovery. the ruu is done on the computer while the other is done thru the bootloader.

so looking back you actually should be fine with your radio here are the ruu's and PC36IMG files you can use:

PC36IMG 3.70 radio 2.15.00.11.19

RUU 3.70 radio 2.15.00.11.19

if you need help on how to use them let us know.

Upvote 0
Sorry I haven't gotten back you guys sooner but things up in a little crazy at work.
I appreciate all the help OCN but trying to flash from my computer failed also.

if you guys think it's still worth trying I'm happy to still work on but otherwise I'm guessing that I'm just going to have to wait until Unrevoked comes up with a solution for this radio.
Pin

Upvote 0
Sorry I haven't gotten back you guys sooner but things up in a little crazy at work.
I appreciate all the help OCN but trying to flash from my computer failed also.

if you guys think it's still worth trying I'm happy to still work on but otherwise I'm guessing that I'm just going to have to wait until Unrevoked comes up with a solution for this radio.
Pin

no worries, and you will probably wait forever as the unrevoked team has moved on to newer phones. so we do not mind helping you here if you want it.

so what is exactly happening? what fails? and what is the error?

Upvote 0
I should have a little time tomorrow to go through the routine and tell you exactly what it does. once I have I will report back.
I really do appreciate it

i will be in and out of work for most of the day and i might not be close to my pc or phone. however, the evening(pacific time) time i will be free to help.

Reactions: dustwun77
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones