• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unsupported File Type plague?

So without going into a longwinded rant, I've been getting the "Unsupported File Type" message.

It started last week or so with pictures I would take and videos I would shoot with the phone itself. I'd go to view them on the phone afterwards, and be unable to, greeted with the error message above.

Keep in mind, kids, that this was not an issue previously.

So yesterday (Thanksgiving) I did the online chat-support with Samsung and we tried everything regarding the pics and vids issue. We tried emptying the cache, we tried a soft reset, hell we eventually even did a HARD reset. That seemed to have fixed the problem.

Today, I tried to play some music and got the same message with music that has played perfectly fine in the past. Yet for some reason, some of my music (my Mumford and Sons album, for example) plays fine.

Someone help me before I throw this thing into the river.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones