• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Update to ICS

Lozt

Lurker
Aug 28, 2013
Hello everyone, I'm new here and I was checking some posts from the forums, I was trying to find out how to root my Samsung - Galaxy S Blaze 4G, and after that update it to ICS or Jelly Bean, I'm a new Android user, so I'm really sorry about my questions.

I have tried to update my phone by using Samsung Kies, but it won't support my device, and I won't get a OTA update in my country, so I decided to root it using Odin, which it worked, but now I'm trying to update it to ICS or Jelly Bean, and honestly, I got a little lost here because there are so many different ways, and I'm really new to Android x.x sorry.

What I did was download a mod from CyanogenMod...
but before trying something I decided to ask for help... I don't want to brick my phone.

Any option would be appreciated, it doesn't have to be using the mod I downloaded, please.

Thanks a lot!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones