• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Updated Rom List BH2

Thanks to Ohgami for the initial list but some are now outdated and does not include new roms.

READ THIS
Check here to see if a dev has their own Rom Page, It is preferred that you ask questions in that thread leaving the BH2 threads open to non rom based questions. Also subscribe to the thread if a dev you like has a sub-forum. Lastly if you like someones work, thank them.

STOCK FILES

1- Android 1.5 with Touchwiz stock files!!

**This is the factory default setup for the Behold II**

*Use this at any time to go back to how your phone was when you bought it. If you need to send in your phone revert to stock*

• This will provide you with the basic items (Behold.ops, Odin Multi downloader and USB drivers) that are vital for almost all the following links.

2- Android 1.6 with Touchwiz!

• Thanks to Mark TWain for this!
  • Same as when you bought the phone but now in 1.6 and uses the new Kernel.
  • All the features for 1.6 work! (Navigation, Google Goggles, updated Market, etc.)

3- Alternate USB Drivers.

• These also work for WIN 7.

ROMS/MODS

1.6 ROMS FROM RECENTLY UPDATED TO LAST
UPDATED

Note: All 1.6 roms include Swype

1.6 Tweaked With take5 and root Final

• Inspired by take5 with the cirlce battery Icon
  • Includes Root, and Barnacle Wifi tethering
  • ADW Launcher and bloatware removed

Behold II ota 1.6 Tweaked

• Tweaked version of the ota with ADW and bloatware removed
  • HTC battery Icon
  • Root

Get Root based on 1.6 OTA

• Rooted kernel that can be used on 1.6 OTA or v1 of microhaxos rom

Froyo Framework for 1.6

• Does not work on BHmans roms
  • Includes framework animations, HTC Batter Icon, Froyo Status bar Icons

BH_MAN's Final Galaxy Rom
Note: If you are flashing from a galaxy rom flash back to a stock first than choose your rom

• This is the Stock Android 1.6 Rom.
  • A blue version similar to the one BH_MAN made for his Android 1.5 Galaxy Rom except now for Android 1.6.
  • Some graphical modifications to BH_MAN's Galaxy 1.6 R8.
  • See link for pictures.

BH_MAN's Android 1.6 Behold 2 Stock (NO Touchwiz)

• Just like the 1.5 no TouchWiz
  • This is a nice mod that removes most of the annoying and heavy additions Samsung added but retains most of the good things they added.
  • See the link for pictures.

1. microhaxo's Mods of the Android 1.6 Behold 2 No TouchWiz

• microhaxo's theme alterations of the No TW Rom.
  • Over 4 different themes to chose from.
  • See the link for pictures.

OUT DATED 1.5 ROMS

1- BH_MAN's Stock Android 1.5 Rom using the Galaxy Rom.

• This the Stock Android 1.5 Rom using Samsung's i7500 Galaxy phone.
  • There are also 2 Themed versions via that link.
  • Also this is not being updated and is also more complicated to install compared to the others.

2- BH_MAN's Android 1.5 Behold 2 Stock (NO Touchwiz)

• This is a nice mod that removes most of the annoying and heavy additions Samsung added but retains most of the good things they added. See the link for pictures.

1. bleufox99's Super Blue version of BH_MAN's Behold 2 Stock (NO Touchwiz)

• A blue version similar to the one BH_MAN made for his Android 1.5 Galaxy RoM
If I missed something or you have made or updated a Rom let me know and I will add it. For trouble shooting go to the rom page for questions about the rom post here.

If you are having rom issues try clearing the Dalvik-Cache and/or Fixing Permissions

Clearning Dalvik-Cache from ADB
adb shell
cd /data/dalvik-cache
rm -r *
reboot

Fixing Permissions from Mobile Terminal
su
fix_permissions
reboot

I just went through the links and they are working for me ill look into it further if there are still problems, and echnit has stopped working on it for the most part, i dont have the phone and Microhaxo hasnt been on for ages so a2sd isnt looking to good, You can partially blame samsung for the way they partitioned the bh2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones