• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Upgrading android software version?

Nope, just showed me an LCD test screen to test camera, sounds,LCD etc.

OK some devices are like that. It sounds like you've done the right things, but the tablet apparently only has test diagnostics and not any way of flashing its own firmware. And for those devices you definitely do need a PC with Windows to flash the firmware using a manufacturer's software tool. And therein lies a problem, we don't know who made this tablet It's NOT Alps, they only made the touch-screen. And searching "MID0704" on baidu.com (Chinese search) doesn't come up with anything useful. And even if you have the correct flashing tool, it's often in Chinese.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
Mikedt, your right!!!! I read my tab's box and found out this message:

"Polaroid,Polaroid and pixel,Polaroid Classic border logo and Polaroid Color Spectrum are trademarks of PLR IP Holdings, LLC, does not manufacture this product or provide any Manufacturer's warranty or support."

It also says:
Imported by Market Maker Brand Licensing. Made in P.R.C.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
"Made in P.R.C." that's a little bit unusual for modern products, usually it's just "Made in China" for products that were manufacturered in the mainland these days.

The original Polaroid company that made instant film cameras doesn't exist now, went bankrupt a few years ago.

And the "PLR IP Holdings, LLC" disclaimer basically says, "This thing is nothing to do with us, get lost! but we're happy to make some $$$ from having our famous marque stamped on it."

Last edited:
Reactions: android bugger
Upvote 0
Hey, I realized they werent that greedy!! I've realized it was VOLUME UP+ POWER NOT VOLUME DOWN+POWER!!! I found it out on another android forum website... Guess we should've read more!!
And the "PLR IP Holdings, LLC" disclaimer basically says, "This thing is nothing to do with us, get lost! but we're happy to make some $$$ from having our famous marque stamped on it."
:D

Made in P.R.C." that's a little bit unusual for modern products, usually it's just "Made in China" for products that were manufacturered in the mainland these days.
Wait, It looks like I've also seen "made in china" in some part of it.... I just can't remember where!?
Also. I tried searching Google about P.R.C. but to no avail. While typing this (autocorrect happens), it corrects P.R.C. to "PART.READ.CAN or COME." (No "or")

Last edited:
Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
"Made in PRC" is not really favoured these days from what I've seen, especially on tech products, and "Made in China" does mean the mainland. Things from Taiwan will usually have "Made in Taiwan, ROC".

This Polaroid tablet was very probably made in Shenzhen, Guangdong Province. Which borders Hong Kong. What company actually made it, god knows! There's literally hundreds of them.

BTW if you want to find more about Shenzhen,
http://www.shenzhenparty.com/ by expats and visitors, for expats and visitors, and completely unofficial.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Found our that there was a code on the motherboard and processor chip( I did a research on Chinese websites); to find out what was the firmware codes to install..
Link:
https://www.google.com.ph/url?sa=t&...fhATdVZZ8Ehpc5LHw&sig2=fZFvEfgi0X3Cf3H1QlWLYQ
And also, if you have a new device with an old version of Android, you won't have updates, the device always thinks its the latest android, and won't let you update cause it says its latest one..

And what if you try to force update the " Android System" app, what would happen?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi guys,
Please tell me if I will be able to upgrade android version from 2.2.1 to 2.3.5 on my Samsung Galaxy Ace in 2021 as well. Which way is the best? I want to do a factory reset. I suppose it sets back android to 2.2.1 also. My phone is 10 years old and now the android
version is 2.3.5.Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones