• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [US Cellular] Need help rooting my Galaxy Note 2 From US Cellular

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 from U.S. Cellular.
Model Number: SCH-R950
Android Version: 4.1.1
Baseband: R950VXALL1
Kernel: 3.0.31-573917
se.infra@SEP-125#1
SMP PREEMPT Thu Dec 6 13:21:46 KST 2012
Build Number: JRO03C.R950VXALL1
Hardware Version: R950.06

The reason I want to root is because I want to be able to uninstall stock applications. I also want to be able to use applications that require root.
The main reason is because when I open Google Wallet it says "Not Supported" "Unfortunately, Google Wallet is not yet available for your device or mobile network."

That's a lie, I think U.S. Cellular blocked it somehow.
My phone has NFC so why is Wallet not working?
I want it to work but to fix it I need my phone rooted, after which I plan to use this video or something similar.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJAa278cfTc

I have only rooted one phone and I think it was a Motorola Electrify, so I do know some of the terms and benefits, consequences and stuff like that.
If someone could point me to a guild that will work for my phone and where I can download the files that would be very helpful and appreciated. :)

I want to use a guide like this http://androidforums.com/galaxy-prevail-all-things-root/526235-i-have-about-rooting.html#post5333750 or similar that way I'll have a rooted phone with cwm plus a cwm backup.

Is that even a good guide or are there better ones that'll work for me that I can use to backup my phone and stuff?
I want to also thank you in advance for whoever points me to a good guide/where to download the files/if anyone knows how to fix google wallet after my phone gets rooted!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones