• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

bornintheuk

Mar 10, 2013
:thinking: Connected my S3 in via the usb cable to do a few transfers (stick some music on and videos etc) usual stuff. But the cable will only occasionally recognise the phones plugged in (gives a driver error). When it does (after two or three times plugging and unplugging), it rarely actually lets me put things onto the phone (It'll get so far through then error). Tried opening Kies but that won't even open. So right now i can't do anything to put new stuff on or backup/update via kies.

Its not the usb ports as it happens on all four ports other things still work on the ports. Any help? I'm new to android so i'm working in the dark.

all of them do this...its a samsung issue...i call bullsh!t to anyone who says different...try 2 options....1...change from data to camera then back again...works some of the time...2nd...change usb ports...works some other time.....if neither work...leave it plugged in, turn the computer off and re start it...it should work.

2 very major issues with samsung that THEY dont acknowledge. The usb issue and the SD card issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones