• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Used fake gmail account to setup, now cannot renew after reset

pepe123

Lurker
Apr 3, 2019
Hello,

I am using Cat S41. When setting it up, I used fake gmail account. Then modified pattern protection and forgot.

I do not remember account password nor any other detail. I cannot set up the cell phone from scratch. Google is not responsive.

What should I do?

Thanks,
Pepe

I did factory reset. The issue is I cannot continue due to supposed syncing of device: This device was reset. To continue, sign in with a Google Account that was previously synced on this device.

I remember what I download through Google Play and almost when. I also have proof of purchase (recipe). How to contact them? Or other way without Google involvement?

Upvote 0
As you've said, there are tools on the internet. But as you've also said, you don't know whether they'll work. It really depends on whether your phone has those vulnerabilities and whether they've been patched yet (the internet is also a great store of obsolete information). The whole point of FRP is to deter theft, which doesn't work if it's easily bypassed, so they do patch these things as they are discovered. All I can do is wish you luck.

Some stores can reset it, if they have the right tools and authorisations. Whether your local repair shop can is another matter, though if they are honest they'll be able to tell you straight away.

FRP has been on all new phones for about 5 years now. The solution is to remove the account from your phone before resetting it (or remember the login details). I do wish that they'd spell this out more visibly and unmissably, because there are still a lot of people who don't know about it, so problems like this are quite common.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why the scare tactics? Suppose I need to root it, or try unlocking tools which are shared on the internet. Thanks anyway.

Nobody's using scare tactics. Just stating facts. FRP is an anti-theft measure. I'm sure you understand that if it could be easily bypassed, then it would be pointless.
The only way you personally can get your phone working again is to know the details of the Google account used to set it up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones