• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vanilla MMS ported for non-rooted

thanks for the info. but I am always leery of using two apps for something when one mostly does the job I want. I really like chomps but it can be slow at times and I was going to try this new app and see if it was really that much quicker if it had the quick reply. I will stick with chomp for now.

I hear ya, though sms popup is more of an add-on to the stock msg app. It really is considerably faster. I'm coming from chomp myself, which I liked, but is sooo slow to open, full of ads, and just generally laggy scrolling. You should try it out, I think you'll dig it.

Upvote 0
Another tip concerning Parandroid Messaging.

It doesn't have an option to light the trackball for notifications, which I personally missed, so to fix this I did the following.

Enable notifications in the stock SMS app (aka Sense UI SMS that shipped with your phone), and disable notifications in Parandroid Messaging. When you bring up Parandroid for the first time after installing it and clicking on a conversation, it should ask you whether you want the stock SMS app or Parandroid to open the conversation. Select Parandroid and make it the default. When you receive a text, not only will the trackball light up, but when you click on the text in your notifications bar it will send you directly to Parandroid messaging - even though the icon is from the stock SMS app.

Try it out!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones