• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon android warranty or other warranty companies?

I'm getting a new Verizon S20 phone. I hope there will be no problems with it.

I don't like the warranties that the manufacturers or Verizon offer because they will send you a refurbished phone if there is a problem. I did not have any good experiences with refurbished phones because many companies just send out the damaged phones others sent back without fixing anything.

I'm thinking of buying a warranty from an independent warranty company that will have a repair shop fix my own phone . That way I will know what I'm getting.

Any advice on this?

I'm getting a new Verizon S20 phone. I hope there will be no problems with it.

I don't like the warranties that the manufacturers or Verizon offer because they will send you a refurbished phone if there is a problem. I did not have any good experiences with refurbished phones because many companies just send out the damaged phones others sent back without fixing anything.

I'm thinking of buying a warranty from an independent warranty company that will have a repair shop fix my own phone . That way I will know what I'm getting.

Any advice on this?
well i get my phones usually at Best Buy. their Geek Squad Protection is pretty good. they do give refurbished phones, but i have never had any issues with them in the past. my note 8 was a refurbished one and i was able to use it as a trade for full value when i got my note 10+

my friend has his phone insured by https://www.asurion.com/faqs/ and received a brand new phone.

Upvote 0
Once I learned that Best Buy's return window was a whopping 15 days, I never bought another thing from them. What if I purchased a gift that wouldn't even be opened in two weeks - and it turned out defective?

As far as extended warranties go, I recommend them. A lot of stuff is garbage these days, and it's good to have recourse. I actually renewed my Ford Explorer's extended warranty for another 50,000 miles because the first extended warranty more than paid for itself. We had a Samsung refrigerator that had to be repaired so many times under the extended warranty that the technician made Samsung buy it back. And they did: full price.

After being disgusted with Squaretrade's decision to eliminate human customer service interactions, I canceled all my Squaretrade warranties and got Asurion Home. It's $25/month but it covers every electronic gadget in the house, no matter how old it is. That's some peace of mind right there.

Reactions: ocnbrze and svim
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones