• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Any known good roms with integrated popup sms? (besides miui)

I looking for a rom that will have integrated popup sms. like on the lock screen even would be neat. where i can see all the txt messages.
i just wish android had a better txt system sometimes >.<

I dont know of a ROM, but have you tried GO SMS Pro? That has a SMS pop up notification, and i think it pops up on the lockscreen too, not 100% sure about that, but i remember it doing that. Its a cool app too, the animations are smooth and has tons of customization.

Upvote 0
Do chomp or handcent do pop ups if there is a security lock screen? I want something that will pop up over the lock screen. Can't believe the android team can't implement that into the stock messenger.

Chomp does and I believe handcent does too. I always remember though when using 3rd party sms apps they can act funny when you select this option depending on the ROM you're running. They're both excellent alternatives. Install them and see which one you like. Chomp is lighter weight/smaller footprint, but doesn't have as many options as Handcent. If you don't like either just uninstall :)

Upvote 0
Chomp does and I believe handcent does too. I always remember though when using 3rd party sms apps they can act funny when you select this option depending on the ROM you're running. They're both excellent alternatives. Install them and see which one you like. Chomp is lighter weight/smaller footprint, but doesn't have as many options as Handcent. If you don't like either just uninstall :)

Chomp is crazy fast now, i dunno what they did but they did it right.

unfortunately, i have been having issues with getting the LED to _reliably_and_consistently_ light up on stock 4.0.4 when i get an SMS. tried Chomp, SMS Popup, ICS SMS, and a few others. the LED seems to work most of the time when using the stock messaging app so i'm sticking with that for the moment.

Upvote 0

unfortunately, i have been having issues with getting the LED to _reliably_and_consistently_ light up on stock 4.0.4 when i get an SMS. tried Chomp, SMS Popup, ICS SMS, and a few others. the LED seems to work most of the time when using the stock messaging app so i'm sticking with that for the moment.

I've been running chomp for about 2 months now. I've never had a led issue it works perfect for me. It does blink at its own set rate rather than following your custom led blink settings, but it still works. I'm on aokp b37

Upvote 0
I've been running chomp for about 2 months now. I've never had a led issue it works perfect for me. It does blink at its own set rate rather than following your custom led blink settings, but it still works. I'm on aokp b37

thanks for the feedback, i assume it's just me since i have read only a few complaints about the LED no longer working reliably for SMS notifications. and since it looks like i'm going to have to do a factory reset to fix it, i figure it might be a good time to try out AOKP...as soon as i get time to read that really long thread for it over on rootzwiki :)

Upvote 0

The only thing with chomp though is dont you have to use their "messages screen" like where the threads are held?

Upvote 0
The only thing with chomp though is dont you have to use their &quot;messages screen&quot; like where the threads are held?

You can use and configure it how you'd like. Do you mean the "conversation list"? It's completely open to customizing how you want it to look. Or you could use it strictly for the pop up feature alone and use the stock SMS app in conjunction with it. Or you can use a stand alone pop up app like SMS pop up. It's a great app. I just have grown fond of chomps no frills super fast UI and some cool features, notably delayed sending.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones