• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Cannot add bookmark to homescreen in Hyperdrive

darkcyber

Android Expert
Nov 12, 2009
North Alabama
OK, I'm having a problem adding bookmarks from my web browser to a homescreen in Hyperdrive. I long press on a homescreen and go to Widgets and find the bookmark icon to add but once I get to bookmarks all Hyperdrive will show is "mobile bookmarks" and "bookmarks". There are no bookmarks in either. I can go open the web browser and I can see and use my bookmarks I just can't add to a homescreen. Help?

You have to add the bookmarks in Chrome. All the widget does is take you to the bookmarks page in Chrome.

I will try that. I use the stock web browser most of the time and that is where my bookmarks are at. I will try bookmarking them in Chrome and see if I can do it that way. I have always be able to just do the long press and add a bookmark from my stock web browser that way...Hyperdrive must have taken something out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones