• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wolvie66

Nov 11, 2010
Has anyone gotten the Kit Kat update for their Note 3 on Verizon network?
And if so how did you get it, I been doing a software update on my phone for the last week and haven't seen anything.
But been hearing that it came out for Verizon Note 3?

Any help

Thanks
Wolvie

Well you can speed up the update all you need to do is either a factory reset to the phone or wipe the cache clean ..now you mentioned problems with KitKat it may have a few but those problems is something that could not be repaired with a factory data wipe . you would have to perform this due to the data . new data and old data don't mix . (coming from jb moving to kk )

Upvote 0
Well you can speed up the update all you need to do is either a factory reset to the phone or wipe the cache clean ..now you mentioned problems with KitKat it may have a few but those problems is something that could not be repaired with a factory data wipe . you would have to perform this due to the data . new data and old data don't mix . (coming from jb moving to kk )

How do I wipe the cache clean?

Upvote 0
An OTA version update should do all the wipes necessary. 99% of the people using cellphones couldn't do a full data wipe if you handed them step by step written instructions. It's only when you're installing a new ROM manually, without using the full OTA process, that it's advisable to do a full wipe.

But if you want to ... you do it from recovery. Boot into recovery (Volume+/Home/Power) and you'll see options to wipe data, cache and dalvik cache.

As far as when Verizon will release an update, and which one, who knows. In a day or so we'll see if the AT&T has the camera-eating-the-battery problem, which is why there needed to be a 4.4.3. If that was fixed in 4.4.2, or if it's an AT&T "fix" and the Verizon 4.4.2 never had it, there doesn't need to be a fix for it. (Every manufacturer introduces their own bugs to the ROM the manufacturer releases.)

Upvote 0
I bought my verizon N3 at Costco about a week ago. According to my settings ("About phone") my phone is showing an Android version of "4.3", just one number after the the decimal point. I've seen others on this board with versions expressed as X.X.X Is this significant? According to my phone, the 4.3 version is considered up to date. So why is the version numbers nomenclature (x.x.x or x.x) different on other phones?

Just wondering.

Upvote 0
I have a note 3 from Verizon store and it says 4.3
I just got it a couple weeks ago so should be legit...when they send out fixes or minor updates they will add another spot after the 3. Unless it's a whole new version jelly bean vs kit kat for example. JB=4.3 KK=4.4
If they add updates to 4.4 and dont change the name then it would be 4.4.1 for example.
I'm sure others will let you know if I am not totally correct as I am no expert, this is just my understanding.

Reactions: mgb
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones