• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon "Loyalty" vs Straight Talk?

GNS1310

Apr 11, 2010
I'm currently month-to-month with Verizon and was offered the Loyalty Plan at $60/month + a $99 HTC One.
I know Verizons sneaky with the taxes and whatnot....my current plan is 39.99/month + 29.99 unlimited data + $10/500 messages...add in the hidden fees/taxes and I'm around $100/month.

So what's this mean for the $60/month plan? Add in all the extras (if there are any) and does it pop it to $90-100/month?

I also am looking into Straight Talk for $45+tax/month...but the phone selection is...meh.

Straight Talk = About $50 + a phone I probably won't like much
Verizon = $60 (Hidden fees? Taxes?) and a $99 HTC One that I'll love

Help me out experts!

I'm currently month-to-month with Verizon and was offered the Loyalty Plan at $60/month + a $99 HTC One.
I know Verizons sneaky with the taxes and whatnot....my current plan is 39.99/month + 29.99 unlimited data + $10/500 messages...add in the hidden fees/taxes and I'm around $100/month.

So what's this mean for the $60/month plan? Add in all the extras (if there are any) and does it pop it to $90-100/month?

I also am looking into Straight Talk for $45+tax/month...but the phone selection is...meh.

Straight Talk = About $50 + a phone I probably won't like much
Verizon = $60 (Hidden fees? Taxes?) and a $99 HTC One that I'll love

Help me out experts!
Are you trying to use Verizon only phones on Straight Talk or are you open to using an AT&T SIM? If you are, then you can bring your own device which can be any compatible GSM phone. The Nexus 5 is a great phone for that.

Upvote 0
I went with ol' reliable.
Verizon Loyalty Plan - $60 (65ish with taxes, saving me 30ish a month)
HTC One with Bundle (lighted car charger, Otterbox Defender, display protector) $169.98
CSR couldn't do much more than that so I called back and spoke with a manager...
He included free overnight shipping and waived the $30 activation fee.

I was going to get the phone only, but I have a "cheap" car charger that almost set my Jeep on fire and will only use Verizons chargers and products from here on out.
Plus...Otterbox...I love Otterbox.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones