• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Nexus losing network connection - why?

bluroot

Mar 13, 2013
I don't know if this is root-related or not, but my phone has a history of being rooted, and currently it's unocked, but without the root access.

After leaving my home wifi system, it now chronically fails to connect with the Verizon network while attempting to access any sort of web data. I tried disabling wifi, which I know I should never need to do, and this changes nothing. I'm not in any suspect areas (such as under a concrete bunker, or on a mountain side) which would block my connection. Shutting it down, pulling the battery, and re-starting the phone seems to confirm my phone is causing this somehow, it restores my data connection briefly. After not using it for 20 minutes, I have the same problem all over again! Any idea (anyone) why it's doing this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones