• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

verizon nexus move to which prepaid?

my work phone: samsung galaxy s3 Verizon.
my personal phone samsung galaxy nexus Verizon.
i would like to keep my personal contacts and database and personal number separate from work being the first thing they take in letting you go is the phone. my personal contract ends march.

I want to move to prepaid. is there any service where i can use the nexus?
any service i can use the nexus without flashing required?

if i cant use the nexus any thoughts on the best prepaid service of Oswego, IL for signal strength and price?

I call the same few people with my personal phone and have never gone over 1Gb data. i have wifi at home.

I read an article where they said go unlocked phone and gsm service as better than cdma, not sure why.

thanks for any advice guys. :D

Well gsm is controlled via satellite and don't require manual programming and all the fixing that needs to be done is throughout the sims card the CDMA doesn't require a sims card but may need a 4glte aka iccu card . the CDMA has been told that it may go down in 2015 . that's only a maybe til then if the CDMA is cancelled we can only use gsm . now as Verizon has done was to put every 4glte phone as a contract so the only 3g and CDMA is prepaid . so what phone do u want to open on a plan or prepaid service

Read more about it here

http://mobile.pcmag.com/?origref=ht...1f0cc0d3322-cdma-vs-gsm-what-s-the-difference

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones