• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Note 3 (Weather and Time Widget)

4vandan

Lurker
Dec 3, 2013
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone is experiencing problems with their weather and time widgets? I have tried many and the time is never the same as the phone. I make sure the settings are correct but it's doesn't update during the day. The widget time is always behind sometimes hours , it just seems like my phone is keeps locking up whenever i use a widget.:thinking:

Hi 4vandan and welcome to Android Forums!

While I don't use the Weather & Time widget (I use News & Weather), I suppose that the two are using separate sources for the time. The phone is grabbing time from the cell towers: the widget may be syncing its time from Google's servers. And of course the two sources don't sync together. As the old proverb goes:

"A man with one watch always knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure."

:)

As far as using widgets, make sure that any app using a widget is in the phone's memory and NOT on the SD card. Other than that, I would need more information to continue.

Hope this helps.

It’s great to have you here :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones