• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM] AOKP JB-MR1 Milestone 2 [4.2.2] (07.21.13) TORO

Well.... he basically said what I already assumed lol. That they were getting close to an official build.
I didn't expect them to be more social, but that's the nature of it. It's a community and they should be social I guess. God forbid I ever get into development. I'd be so anti-social and closed to suggestions.
"That sounds like a good idea. Now how about you go make your own #=+#! ROM and implement it!" Lol.
But yeah they do good things. If I ever get out of this paycheck-paycheck slump I'm in, I'll donate.

Upvote 0
Flashed the 8/15 nightly yesterday... coming from an older XenonHD JB ROM. Holy crap is all I can say. I had set my GNexus aside practically with my Nexus7 being my new toy, but this nightly has me hooked once again. Those guys over at AOKP are kicking ass with this ROM. My phone has NEVER been so fast/smooth. Amazing!

Upvote 0
Has anyone ever gotten weather to work anywhere on any of the nightlies? I'm still on the 8/13 build, but it's never worked for me on either my GNex or N7

Weather appears to be working for me.

Anyone having issues accessing their photo galleries with this ROM? All of my photos are still on the device, but they dont show up in "Gallery". Thanks.

Upvote 0
Reactions: Trooper
Upvote 0
Sup Doc,

Nightly refers, loosely, to an build which hasn't hit the "release candidate" state. So, between release candidates, devs may post builds that allow users to test features as devs add things to the ROM. In the case of AOKP, unlike nightly builds from ROMs like cyanogenmod, these builds are generally as stable as release candidates, or as AOKP refers to it, Milestones. The first official build should be released shortly, per a tweet by roman very recently.

jmar

Reactions: DoctorEyeSight
Upvote 0
It's only 140MB, whereas all the others are 160+. Wonder if something isn't right there...

Nah file size is ok. They moved wallpapers and stuff out of the rom and online. I have not flashed it yet, but thinking maybe to clean flash this one since its a new build. There are folks that have dirty flashed though with no issues as far as I know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones