• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM]JDX (formerly Jelly Belly) AOSP+ - v15 (7/28)

Maybe this thread/flavor would get more play if the title was updated. it still says "Jelly Belly v5.1 (7/30)"... I know jbdan is busy.. can anyone else change it. Peeps might think the flavor is stale.. no pun
-J.

My bad J. I have been busy with RL and am getting over the flu. Just updated the OP for y'all.

jmar

Upvote 0
My bad J. I have been busy with RL and am getting over the flu. Just updated the OP for y'all.

jmar

Hey, no biggie.... I haven't had time to flash and am still running on 6.0.1.... Just didn't want others to miss out b/c they had a notion this rom wasn't going anywhere.

thanks for all your work on these forums...

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0
It says that 6.3 is a milestone release so does that mean there will be no more 6.x releases? i'm asking because i'm on 6.2 right now and i rather wait for later releases if more 6.x are coming. Even though i have no issues with 6.2 i'm very tempted to keep flashing newer versions :T

From what I understand, the next version will be 6.3.1 or 7.0. The .0 versions tend to have a bug or two while a versions .1 and higher work toward milestones.

Hope that makes sense.

jmar

Upvote 0
ohhh so 6.3.1 might come out.. if that is the case then i will wait for it but if it goes to 7.0 i would wanna flash 6.3. For now i guess only time will tell. So even if they say 6.3 is a milestone it can transcend into 6.3.1, 6.3.2 and so on?

Yeah. It can transcend in this manner. We saw this with previous builds (3.9, 3.9.1, 3.9.2).

jmar

Upvote 0
I have been using 6.3 since yesterday and have had no issues. Wanted to let it settle out yesterday, but today is already off to a great start..battery and smoothness are great!

Good luck, and let us know how it works for you!!

BTW, anyone who is going to 6.3, I would recommend a clean install if you can. The updates that the Dev made to make it one of his milestones, really like the clean install method...just a suggestion!

Upvote 0
Jmar thanks for your friendly responds this is why I use this forum :) btw have you tried 6.3 I think I'm going to jump on it first thing tomorrow after work

I nandroided my AOKP and flashed last night. I have no issues. Except that I really love AOKP. Gonna test this for another day so that I have proper perspective before I go back to AOKP. FLASH AWAY MY FRIEND!

Edit: Clean flashes please.:D:rolleyes::D

Reactions: ryancmatchett
Upvote 0
Anyone having problems adjusting brightness in 6.4? It stays at auto and can't move the bar. Flashing 6.4.1 to see if it resolves this issue. Btw i'm dirty flashing so that might be the problem

Ok i just dirty flashed 6.4.1 and still can't adjust brightness nor toggle gps on or off on the power setting toggle. i might have to wipe and do a clean flash :(

Upvote 0
Changelog
6.4.1 (md5: bda62600c143933091c1b34cfaf994e5)
fixed additional app issue (Kindle should work now)

6.4 (md5: fbd4634883df27cfd482af87b5cf5468)
fixed certificates issue
fixed notification sounds (there were duplicates)
fixed lag with google now
increased volume level a little
fixed apps crashing issue (still an issue with Kindle, issue is with latest AOSP, fix coming soon)
improved overall performance a bit more
faster network connections (and videos should stream smoother)
more butter!
use my latest 8/19 Gapps!

Upvote 0
Finally got a chance to move from 6.0.1 and made the big jump to 6.4.1. As usual, the JBelly keeps it's buttery feel on the mostly stock install (luv me some stock). Also, after running just over 24 hours I notice that I have about 20% more battery left than I normally do at this point of the day.
I like all the JB roms but one thing that I wasn't getting from any flavor/kernel was more battery life. It was never worse but it also wasn't any better. Don't know what it is about 6.4.1 but it's nice to see improvement in that area as well...
stock on...
-John

Edit: on stock kernel as well

Upvote 0
anyone ever noticed that this jelly belly isnt that great of a pure aosp rom... every single changelog is fixing something that was broken.... odd i would say.

It is a strange thing Voided. I can't put my finger on it. Even though other ROMs don't necessarily suffer from these issues, I still haven't found a bug free experience in Jelly Bean yet. Again, can't put my finger on it.

Updating OP in a few.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones