• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM]JDX (formerly Jelly Belly) AOSP+ - v15 (7/28)

Should I be fine to dirty wipe? I did a clean install of 1.4 yesterday.

John, you can certainly TRY a dirty flash. But if things go south, be prepared and BACKED UP to the PC so you can do a full wipe if necessary. Folks are reporting a successful dirty flash coming from 2.4 and since it wipes /system anyway, my gut says you should be fine.

SHOULD.

Upvote 0
John, you can certainly TRY a dirty flash. But if things go south, be prepared and BACKED UP to the PC so you can do a full wipe if necessary. Folks are reporting a successful dirty flash coming from 2.4 and since it wipes /system anyway, my gut says you should be fine.

SHOULD.

Basically do a back up In CWM of my current settings, drag it to my pc before I proceed?

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
John, I would make a TiBU backup first. If you're backing up Wallet, make SURE you either (a) reset data in the app and THEN wipe data in settings before you back up; or (b) make SURE you don't restore data when you restore it.

Then make a nandroid in CWM. Reboot, copy both TiBU and nandroids to the PC, as well as any recent pics, vids, or music not backed up yet.

Boot into CWM, wipe cache & Dalvik, then FORMAT system. Flash 2.4, and gapps 7-4 Proper.

Reboot and wait!

Then let's see what happens :)

Upvote 0
John, I would make a TiBU backup first. If you're backing up Wallet, make SURE you either (a) reset data in the app and THEN wipe data in settings before you back up; or (b) make SURE you don't restore data when you restore it.

Then make a nandroid in CWM. Reboot, copy both TiBU and nandroids to the PC, as well as any recent pics, vids, or music not backed up yet.

Boot into CWM, wipe cache & Dalvik, then FORMAT system. Flash 2.4, and gapps 7-4 Proper.

Reboot and wait!

Then let's see what happens :)

Good job making me nervous :) I'm currently backing up. After flashing the rom and gapps and a reboot, I can go back and flash some mods, correct? Should I wipe dalvik prior to flashing mods?

Upvote 0
Btw 2.5 addresses deep sleep you might wanna try that. :)

Well, sort of. My Nexus wouldn't go into deep sleep until I walked outside so apparently it still needs a gps lock on. I've tried rebooting it both outside and inside and got the same results. Still, it's a lot better than having to manually do a gps lock after every reboot.

Upvote 0
What is a mirror? Is that what you dirty flash?

A mirror is just another place you can download the same file from. Jakeday's server was on overload because so many people were downloading from one source, which causes the downloads to slow dramatically. Putting the file at multiple sources spreads out the load on each server so if one is slow, you can try another.

EDIT: jbdan, you're too fast!
EDIT: I mean ryan is too fast! You guys have the same colors and the premium banner.

Upvote 0
Well, sort of. My Nexus wouldn't go into deep sleep until I walked outside so apparently it still needs a gps lock on. I've tried rebooting it both outside and inside and got the same results. Still, it's a lot better than having to manually do a gps lock after every reboot.
I should have said "should be fixed" but glad to hear it's "better" :)

Upvote 0
Noob doing my first dirty flash. Just want to make sure I got it right. Currently have 2.2 and proper gapps. Thinking about trying a kernel for first time to get improved performance.

• Wipe cache
  • Flash 2.5
  • Flash kernel lirano
  • Reboot

And this process will not clear my current apps or settings?

Upvote 0
Noob doing my first dirty flash. Just want to make sure I got it right. Currently have 2.2 and proper gapps. Thinking about trying a kernel for first time to get improved performance.

• Wipe cache
  • Flash 2.5
  • Flash kernel lirano
  • Reboot

Goo:

If you are going to flash a kernel, make SURE you have a a few on your phone. Kernels are extremely phone-specific: what rocks on my phone may throw yours into a bootloop. If that happens, you need to be ready to hit recovery and flash another one in a hurry.

Wipe Cache
Wipe Dalvik Cache
Flash 2.5
Flash gapps
Reboot.

Let it get stable, then go BACK into recovery and flash the kernel without wiping anything.
Reboot and cross your fingers :p

Reactions: GreatGoo and jbdan
Upvote 0

• Wipe cache
  • Flash 2.5
  • Flash kernel lirano
  • Reboot

Correct except that I would not flash the kernel in the same recovery session, but that is me. I've experienced too many blunders over the years when trying to flash multiple things in a CWM session. Many here have not and flash 4 mods in one session. Go figure... :)

edit: ninjafied by chief rawr!!!

Upvote 0
So I just flashed the newest 2.5 and now every time I restart the phone the first thing that pops up after unlocking says that UI has stopped. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

What exactly did you wipe, what DIDN'T you wipe, what were you on when you flashed it and what was your exact flashing procedure?

We're missing a lot of information that we need to help you, Ego...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones