• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Tech = Awesome

Your quality of service rating for Verizon tech support

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We used to be even better, I feel as though the company keeps taking away resources that we once had to keep our customers happy. First they took away Multi-Fru so if you buy a lemon you're stuck with a lemon now. They used to do a $50 CLNR if you were out of warranty. Now to make some extra $ they Jacked up the prices and called them Certified Pre Owned devices. So that $50 you would have paid to replace your Blackberry Curve is now $129. Working for Verizon I just dont get it. Each Quarter they make more money than ever before, and each quarter they act as if we need to cut more corners to increase our profits. We're not Sprint or anything... They used to give technicians 10 mins off the phones to open an Network Trouble Ticket to research now you have to do it while talking to the customer. So you're in a hurry, tickets are getting returned left and right because you didnt have time to properly fill it out. Then the reps get yelled at for not filling out the ticket correctly. It just feels like sometimes Verizon's experimenting with their employees to see how much they can take away before they start to fail miserably. They take away tools all the time, but increase the demands. They want us to take more calls, spend less time with customers but throw in 2 paragraphs on "Clear Disclosure" for sending back a defective device during a warranty replacement. If I forget to tell you that shipping is free I fail the call.... Why does it matter if its free? If we were charging you that would be different, of course I would tell you but why do you care about free shipping. Sorry to rant, I know people come in here with bad tech stories too. Just wanted those people to know that we're trying, we just dont have the options we used to.

Upvote 0
I'm just unlucky when it comes to any type of Verizon support. My Storm has had to be replaced 3 times over the past 12 months and each time I was on the phone at least 3-4 times with multiple people and it was just more frustrating each time. I get anywhere from asking me to reboot the phone multiple times with no resolution to basically calling me a liar since they don't know what is wrong. The next time I have issues and have to call, I'm simply getting the iPhone order cued up so I can just hit 'submit' when they give me a run-around again. After being a Verizon customer for 5 years you would think they would want to try and keep their current customers.

Upvote 0
There is a big difference between wanting to "keep a customer" and giving things away for free. And this "run around" you speak of is actually steps that these reps are trained to guide you thru in order to get your phone working. I'm not justifying them calling you a liar, and unfortunately not every rep you get is going to be Joe Knowledgeable.

Might I ask what exactly you are wanting the reps to do for you. I'm assuming you want a different device other than the storm right? which device have you asked for as a replacement?

Upvote 0
There is a big difference between wanting to "keep a customer" and giving things away for free. And this "run around" you speak of is actually steps that these reps are trained to guide you thru in order to get your phone working. I'm not justifying them calling you a liar, and unfortunately not every rep you get is going to be Joe Knowledgeable.

Might I ask what exactly you are wanting the reps to do for you. I'm assuming you want a different device other than the storm right? which device have you asked for as a replacement?

Nope, I don't want a different device. I'll wait until my NE2 is up in January and decide what I want. I'm done with 'buyers remorse' on new phones that I don't mind waiting a few months.

My first problem was only being able to click directly in the center of the screen for any input to be recognized. I couldn't type on the virtual keyboard except for a few letters which made typing a nightmare. After the 2nd reboot on the phone and being transferred 3 times it was clear the issue wasn't going away. The second time, my Storms' screen would go blank when it was turned to the landscape position and wouldn't reset even after a few battery pulls and they sent me a download of the OS, after a clean install (basically back to factory default) it was still doing it, I'm no expert but that would tell me its something more than software. And the third time they didn't have to tell me to reboot the phone because it started rebooting itself every 5-7 minutes on its own. Like the battery would lose contact. I even took it into the store near me (rand rd, arlington hts, il) and the 'tech' watched with me as the phone sat on the counter and rebooted twice in the 20 minutes I was there. Imagine the look on his face as it rebooted on its own twice after telling me "you must be hitting something to cause it because its impossible for that to happen". Yeah, ok.

Each time I simply asked for a replacement of the same phone and was basically treated like I was trying to scam them even after they witnessed the problem I was having. I pay for the extra insurance in my bill each month (been auto-paid for the last 5 years without incident). I've learned that loyalty to Verizon just means they walk on you more, I'm not saying it wouldn't/won't be different with a different carrier but I still do believe that a customer should be treated with some type of respect which Verizon has no concept of doing.

Upvote 0
I imagine a lot of that has to do with your attitude when you call in. Nobody is going to treat you like a liar if your genuinely having problems and not acting like a douche. If you call in demanding they replace your phone, your going to be met with resistance. If you oblige them and let them take you thru the steps they are trained to do, you will will come out the other end of the experience with what you want and a better outlook on customer service in general.

Upvote 0
I imagine a lot of that has to do with your attitude when you call in. Nobody is going to treat you like a liar if your genuinely having problems and not acting like a douche. If you call in demanding they replace your phone, your going to be met with resistance. If you oblige them and let them take you thru the steps they are trained to do, you will will come out the other end of the experience with what you want and a better outlook on customer service in general.

I've never raised my voice and always treat them as I would like to be treated, fairly and courteously. I go through all the steps I'm asked. I used this forum to vent my dis-satisfaction since the purpose of the thread was to get others opinion on Verizon service.

Based on your choice of words and the decision to judge me in the way you chose, I can only expect that you have performed those actions mentioned in your post to know the results that are expected in return. Gives me insight for when I read your posts in the future.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones