• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Trouble with Odin recognizing my phone

jrock204657

Nov 29, 2010
A couple weeks ago I wanted to return to completely stock unrooted out of the box. Did some research and ended up using Odin3 v1.85 to flash (2) files (a PDA file and a PHONE file). It worked perfectly, then re-rooted and everything was fine. Well for the hell of it I want to do it again for my own reasons. I know when using Odin, there will be a yellow bar that says "com 4" or any number after com. Long story short Odin will no longer read my phone. No yellow bar comes up so I can't use it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled all drivers needed 1000 times to no avail.....any help would be greatly appreciated.

Justin

Make sure that you open Odin before connecting your phone. Also restart the phone before connecting it. You might have already done those two things, but if you haven't ...

Yea I've tried that and everything else I could think of...Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated! This is buggin the crappp outta me!

Justin

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones