• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Version 3 is the Official Update from Verizon???

Personally, I don't care how nice or mean Incredible owners are. The Incredible is essentially an Eris. Similar form factor and almost identical software.

I went into the store this weekend to play with an Incredible for the first time... and, even though it's a controlled test in store and with much less usage than we've had with the Eris... that phone is fast. Period.

I'd like to see how a few months of usage affects it... like everything else, it will slow down, but how much?

Sticking with my Eris

Upvote 0
I went into the store this weekend to play with an Incredible for the first time... and, even though it's a controlled test in store and with much less usage than we've had with the Eris... that phone is fast. Period.

I'd like to see how a few months of usage affects it... like everything else, it will slow down, but how much?

Sticking with my Eris

11 days and counting, no slow down and great multi tasking! I still love the Eris, but going back and forth between the Incredible and Eris is night and day. I hope the official OTA help's with multi tasking and lag, especially with the crazy dialer!

Upvote 0
It nice to know the incredible is so good but,This is a Eris forum and that is what I bought and will have till my upgrade date. I would like to only read Eris material and information!

Everyone is so worked up that 2.1 V3 is the official OS, I highly doubt that it is, I would be more inclined to believe that we will have a much better OS upon release than the leak! Since it comes with more features per the update sheet that what I believe.

Yes VZW put the PDF on their site for us to see that its coming soon, I believe that was more to curb our appetites for the new OS so that we would stop calling and asking about it. When the MOTO Droid was getting its update there was a post by a moderator on the VZW forums announcing it. What did we get? A PDF file saying its coming soon.

Whats the definition of Soon? Soon: in or after a short time; in a little while; before long.
Its VZW way of saying here is some info to get you off our backs and we don't have to give a date!

I find it funny that people look at a PDF on VZW site and draw so many conclusions about the date shown on the phone. Its a picture plain and simple. I read those PDF's and no where did it give a date or say your screens and OS will have the same numbers. Lets all wait till we actually get a confirmed date to see what happens. Then once someone gets the OTA update on there phone lets see what numbers they get and then we can all lament about it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones