• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Versus Hard Reset

collis2k3

Lurker
Sep 12, 2014
Hi All,

This or something has been asked a million times i'm sure, so here's to a million and one.

I've been given a Versus tablet that is in need of a hard reset.
The previous owner who purchased it got himself an ipad long ago and stopped using it, thus forgot the lock code and which gmail account was in use on it. :(
typical...

so, i've tried all the usual:
- VOL + & Power -- this does nothing at all and the tablet doesnt boot.
- VOL - & Power -- well, this gets me into the chinese diagnostic menu.
- Long press power button -- apart from a painful finger nothing.
- Long press the reset button on the rear - see above - and i bent a perfectly good paper clip for it too.
- trying a soft reboot several times during boot - sigh....

ok, i give, apart from a crash course in chinese how do i get the tablet to allow me to factory reset the thing?

The buttons i have are:
Power
VOL - VOL + (rocker button)
Reset (button on rear)

Thanks in advance all

Sometimes if you press the power and volume up buttons at the same time, theres an option to boot into recovery. If you can do that, I think you can reset.

And the prize for not reading the original post goes to....

to quote myself, as i'm not typing it all again
so, i've tried all the usual:
- VOL + & Power -- this does nothing at all and the tablet doesnt boot.
- VOL - & Power -- well, this gets me into the chinese diagnostic menu.
- Long press power button -- apart from a painful finger nothing.
- Long press the reset button on the rear - see above - and i bent a perfectly good paper clip for it too.
- trying a soft reboot several times during boot - sigh....

Hence i'm asking here in the hope that someone has come across one of these before and knows how to do it.

Collis

Upvote 0
And the prize for not reading the original post goes to....

to quote myself, as i'm not typing it all again

Hence i'm asking here in the hope that someone has come across one of these before and knows how to do it.

Collis

It would have been at least a day ago that I read the OP. Read lots of OPs since then and before. I don't generally reread every thread before I reply. Maybe someone reads Chinese and can telepathically tell you what your options are. Ever so much luck to you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones