• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

video calls using 3g network

Actually, no. My SGSL by default has the video call option, and I dont have Skype or the like on my phone.

Sorry, didn't know SGSL had such an option.

HTC Sensation (with front cam) hasn't it by default and it seens to be, Motorola also hasn't it ;)

EDIT: @chanchan05, what need your friends on their phones for video calling with you?

Harry

Upvote 0
I use the built-in, Android, 3G video calling that comes with 2.3.5 (also, I believe, 2.3.4) to call anyone who has a front facing camera and video calling enabled on their phones... i.e. Nokia, Sony Ericsson, etc: No need for 3rd party app's or subscriptions. Video calling is an option shown for every contact and also, is shown on the dial pad.

See attached screenshot... bottom row, 2nd from left.

DialdadSGSII.png

Reactions: Harry2
Upvote 0
I haven't got a front-facing camera so I can't do it from/on my phone anyway, but TBH I don't miss it. I haven't yet felt the urge to video call while I'm mobile. While I make 'normal' audio phone calls all the time, of course.

I do make video calls a few times a month, though. Often conference calls, a.k.a. remote video meetings, with 2 or 3 other people. But always from my laptop or desktop machine to someone else's. Much more convenient – and much better video quality if you use FaceTime – than video calling from phone to phone.

Upvote 0
Sorry, didn't know SGSL had such an option.

HTC Sensation (with front cam) hasn't it by default and it seens to be, Motorola also hasn't it ;)

EDIT: @chanchan05, what need your friends on their phones for video calling with you?

Harry

Haven't used it before, so I tried it right now, calling my second phone (another network Nokia) and my brother (same network Nokia phone). Basically it seems all I need is that the party you are calling has video call support on the network and on their phone.

Reactions: Harry2
Upvote 0
Haven't used it before, so I tried it right now, calling my second phone (another network Nokia) and my brother (same network Nokia phone). Basically it seems all I need is that the party you are calling has video call support on the network and on their phone.

Thanks for your effort :)

I had a close look at my HTC and it seens to be that HTC hasn't yet this 3G-video-call-feature :(

So I have to continue with Skype.

Harry

Upvote 0
I recently bought Motorola Fire XT (Android 2.3.4) having front camera as well.

I have 3g enabled network which allows video calling to other users.

How do i make such calls. The calls need to made like from my device to a person on Nokia 5800 and so on.
Hi,

i hv also bought motorola fire xt but not able to do videocall. also i am 1st tym user of android. if u come across solution thn plz let me know.

Thx

Upvote 0
I use the built-in, Android, 3G video calling that comes with 2.3.5 (also, I believe, 2.3.4) to call anyone who has a front facing camera and video calling enabled on their phones... i.e. Nokia, Sony Ericsson, etc: No need for 3rd party app's or subscriptions. Video calling is an option shown for every contact and also, is shown on the dial pad.

See attached screenshot... bottom row, 2nd from left.

DialdadSGSII.png
hi,

i didn find video call in my 2.3.4 motorola fire xt. can i update it to 2.3.5???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones