• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

video chat review thread

to make it a one stop shop for people to keep tabs on, lets have members post on which video chat app they use and their actual usage.

to start off,

Tango -- great app, full screen low delay

Yahoo messenger -- designed with Evo in mind. low lag. no need to press any buttons for voice. full screen. its YAHOO! so its been around for ever.

qik -- eh... search the archives on this one.

Skype - limited.

others?

to the OP, which ones are you using? give us your opinions on the ones you have used. i personally like Tango and Yahoo...

Reactions: cookie_monster
Upvote 0
well fring ummm yeah have to pay for like 1 cent a min or something like that so that i never got to shoot a review on

qik well i didnt mind it so far but i dont like the talk button but again i do so that way when you have to say something to someone not via phone as in background then its nice so you dont have to have everyone listen to you that your video chatting with

Yahoo i havnt tried cause everyone that i chatted with on yahoo went to facebook so therofor that was a no go lol ( wouldnt mind trying but gotta get ppl to use it with)

i will use other ppl apps suggestions to try other ones out

Upvote 0
Yahoo Messenger - I only care for video chat from phone to PC, so Yahoo Messenger works awesome for me. I've used it over wifi and 3G while i was on the other side of town and it performed as it should. No lag, good video and audio quality both, and ability to use front or back camera with no problems. I was surprised how well it worked since i was used to Fring or iMovicha4Evo

iMovicha4EVO (in the market) - Fring quality video (poor), same for audio (poor, looping), sometimes unable to connect. But it did have a landscape feature that YM seems to lack. Mixed reviews in the market, but at the time it was the only choice i had to video chat from phone to PC

Upvote 0
I tested yahoo on my evo and the ipod 4 that i got my girlfriend (tested it myself before i gave it to her). It was so-so...I noticed a lot of lag and choppy video.

We both tried using fring last night for a while, and i thought it was actually pretty good. Sound, video was all decent.

I have tango, and its not yet available on ipod, so when it comes out we are going to try it.

Each time, both devices were on the wifi's

Reactions: cookie_monster
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones