• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [VIDEO] How to root your 2.3.6 phone using Odin and CWM

There is a rooted stock rom around here somewhere that you could use if you desire but of course that would wipe her phone...

Let me see if I can dig up the superuser.zip I made awhile back and never posted :[

Thank you very much, Loota! Is it within the "2.3.6" download link that is in your original thread post? I noticed that when I unzip that file, it brings up a folder that is named after a date and one other thread tells us to put this into the sd card under "/sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/" so that we can "restore" it to our phone. Is that what you are talking about?

Once that is done, I'd then need to flash the superuser.apk via recovery which would then, ultimately, give me root access?

EDIT: The other thread that I talked about where they said to put that folder in the sd card comes from your original post that you linked to this thread http://androidforums.com/transform-...-old-boost-update-2-3-6-root.html#post4384067

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info Loota! One question, how do you make a backup of the phone or does the CWM creates it in the folders you said to make on the sdcard?

u make a backup while in cwm its one of there options...it will put it in the clockworkmod folder on sdcard just make sure there is one before u do it sometimes doesnt get made...if u do have to make it obviously name it clockworkmod but make a folder inside of it called backup

Reactions: Loota
Upvote 0
senser ur doing the right thing by trying to flash stock via odin....my thoughts and im no expert like other members is either odin is being testy and just have to repeat and repeat or ur more damamged then odin can fix meaning samsung would have to fix...im sure others will eventually see ur problem and help just be patient wich i know is impossible with problem you have i be freaking too...i might suggest you give more detail to what happened cuz when smarter ones reply they'll wanna know

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones