• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Bricked S3 (Virgin Mobile) - SPH-L710

leev18

Lurker
Aug 6, 2014
Hello, I have a working rooted S3 for months now. I notice that it was getting slow and freezing up a lot, so I try to factory reset it. Factory reset failed and everything that was suppose to be deleted is still on the device. I couldn't access the recovery boot menu for hard resetting.

Next, I try to flash the phone back to the way it was when I first bought using this youtube guide, not to change carriers. Sad, I did everything the video told to do, but that didn't work and it bricked my phone.

Oden Logs:
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/004> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/004> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
It seems my phone is soft bricked.

Note:
- Device can be turn on, but I get to "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select reocvery mode in Kies & try again."
- I tried using the kie software, but it i get stuck on "connecting..."
- I can boot into downloading mode.
- I tried using oden, but I still keep getting the errors same as the logs above.
- I can't boot into recovery.
- Google didn't help much

any help or suggestions is appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones