• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Killed my LS kitkat VMU s3 today ;(

I dropped it on cement from about 3 feet high and the screen cracked and quit completely. :mad::mad::(:(:(

I planned on keeping it as long as i could but it met its untimely demise today...... so basically i'll probably throw it out or something and move on to an at&t s5 (hopefully) or a cheaper VM phone like the volt or vibe.

So i say goodbye to the s3 community it was a great less than a year:rolleyes:

I have an otterbox for my s3 and the plastic bezel still cracked on it within 2 weeks. i will not be a future otter box customer.

otoh I will be picking up my HTC One M8 on Att tomorrow. I cant believe the build quality to these Htc's, it knocks the samsung phones out of the water.

Down the road I may look into getting the s3 fixed, but thats not gonna happen soon

Upvote 0
they have repair kits on ebay with instructions. i did this after my chick slaped my phone out of my hand * must of been that time of the month* all you seen was the phone bouncing like a pinata and people going OOOOO thats f dup. got the kit was surprisingly easy to use and fix it. i just used youtube as my guide too.

or if you still can see if you can get in virgin mobiles accidental damage protection and pay the couple bucks wait a week boom tell em its broken

Upvote 0
they have repair kits on ebay with instructions. i did this after my chick slaped my phone out of my hand * must of been that time of the month* all you seen was the phone bouncing like a pinata and people going OOOOO thats f dup. got the kit was surprisingly easy to use and fix it. i just used youtube as my guide too.

or if you still can see if you can get in virgin mobiles accidental damage protection and pay the couple bucks wait a week boom tell em its broken

The glass is very easy and cheap to replace. The digitizer and screen are another story.

Upvote 0
The glass is very easy and cheap to replace. The digitizer and screen are another story.

Its gonna need the display and digitzer/glass.

-I got my new phone and a galaxy tab 3 thrown in :D.
I will take the hit on the old phone. I don't like to fraudulently abuse the warranty program (which iirc has a $100 deposit anyways)

This is what i have idk what OB it is (buddy gave it to me)

Upvote 0
Damn thats the Otterbox defender which is what I have. It's not supposed to break in that case very easy I've seen videos on YouTube of it surviving 6 foot drops. Scary. I keep insurance on my phone anyway just in case. I've been thinking about getting a different case though. Now I really want one. The Ballistic Max looks much better with big rubber corners. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones