• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] F3 ZV6 Firmware (Devs* only please)

sammyz

LG Whiz Kid
  • Jun 3, 2011
    Developers* only (for now).

IF YOU UPGRADE TO THIS FIRMWARE, LOKI WILL NOT WORK UNLESS BLISS UPDATES LOKI FOR ZV6.

Here: http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downl...5432109876543213/LS720ZV6_03.S6_03.P25016.cab

Just flash using my LG Motion unbrick guide with THIS^ firmware. If that doesn't work, I am extracting the bin and uploading to oudhitsquad so you can use the guide I made for this phone.

*By devs I mean anyone that knows how to not screw up their phone. :smokingsomb:

Works great! I do have one question regarding the unbrick methods: any reason why they would increase battery drain over the stock flashed image?

I used to get about 6 days of standby with battery drain nearly flat during sleep, but ever since unbricking the first time (months ago) it always steadily drops now, even in sleep. I'm lucky if I get about three days leaving the phone in sleep.

Upvote 0
    Works great! I do have one question regarding the unbrick methods: any reason why they would increase battery drain over the stock flashed image?

I used to get about 6 days of standby with battery drain nearly flat during sleep, but ever since unbricking the first time (months ago) it always steadily drops now, even in sleep. I'm lucky if I get about three days leaving the phone in sleep.

Has nothing to do with reflashing, check which app is using that battery power, it's probably something you installed or a setting that's different.

Upvote 0
    Your unbrick method.. But unfortunately I am very spoiled w/ cwm and the oc kernel and went back to zv5.

You said you went back to zv5; I've been looking everywhere to downgrade zv6 to 5. Reason? I want to try and unlock the phone.. I've seen that a number combination works only on ZV5 for a code unlock. Could anyone point me in the right direction? OR if anyone knows how to unlock a VM720 that'd be great.

Upvote 0
    You said you went back to zv5; I've been looking everywhere to downgrade zv6 to 5. Reason? I want to try and unlock the phone.. I've seen that a number combination works only on ZV5 for a code unlock. Could anyone point me in the right direction? OR if anyone knows how to unlock a VM720 that'd be great.

By unlock you mean the bootloader?

Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones