• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] [ROM] AdvancedStock7 11/17/2014 OVERCLOCKED+STABLE+BATTERY_LIFE!

Just put out an update that fixes voicemail notification issues, as well as removed some unused lib files (because their corresponding apk was removed in previous versions)

Also: I know some users have been complaining about the way I put my donate link in the ROM, Version 17, to be released later this week or early next week as I want to perfect the settings app, will fix this and move it to somewhere else in the menus.

I will always try to provide the best support possible, and I will try to adjust as much as possible so that everyone can enjoy this ROM.

Thank you guys for all the support!

Upvote 0
Just saw the ota pop up on my phone and raced here to see the changes! thanks for the continued work on this I'm finally happy with my phone! when financial aid hits next week you'll definitely be sent a lil pick me up ;]
Thank you very much! I appreciate all the love and support!

You're going to want to wait to download as I am reuploading Version 16.. I forgot to fix one thing.

I will post again when it finishes.

Upvote 0
Update seems to have broken my recovery mode? Found out after not being able to press any of the Update PRL buttons or Update Profile, tried restarting a few times and nothing, so can't update that stuff and can't get back into recovery mode.

I am able to get into recovery mode, but I am noticing the Update PRL/Profile issue, I will be releasing Version 17 today which will also fix that, but will bring back the "Update Device" Force Close error in the mean time.

You will need to use WiFi or USB to install the update.

I am also working on making an updater application for windows that will allow you to download, and install the update from your computer.

Upvote 0
I reinstalled TWRP v2.8.0.0 but recovery is very buggy now. It's sometimes getting stuck on "teamwin" screen for a few minutes blinking or other times blinking for about 30 sec before finally getting in. But once it was finally in I then updated to v17 and am able to update Profile and PRL again.

Any idea what I can do to fix my TWRP?

Edit: I don't know if this actually did anything in the end but I reinstalled TWRP, once in TWRP I did "fix permissions", and now it's actually booting up in about 5-10 sec.

Edit 2: Spoke too soon, the time to get into TWRP is still so random.

Upvote 0
I reinstalled TWRP v2.8.0.0 but recovery is very buggy now. It's sometimes getting stuck on "teamwin" screen for a few minutes blinking or other times blinking for about 30 sec before finally getting in. But once it was finally in I then updated to v17 and am able to update Profile and PRL again.

Any idea what I can do to fix my TWRP?

I suggest CWM recovery. TWRP is currently buggy.

Upvote 0
Copy that. It's not a big deal if it disappears after 10 seconds. . .

------------

Thanks i appreciate the understanding.

I do take pride that, this rom being a one man team, with all my lovely users reporting so well, that tgis is the most compact ROM for our phone (at least until CM10 gets a stable release)

I am working on getting bump! In the ROM as well as another overclock for you guys to choose from.

Version 18 will be released soon as i am running tests on my phone with it as i type this. You guys will love this next release.

Reactions: DevoutDev
Upvote 0
I am working on getting bump! In the ROM as well as another overclock for you guys to choose from.

Version 18 will be released soon as i am running tests on my phone with it as i type this. You guys will love this next release.

What exactly would Bump! do for this ROM?

Will version 18 have more fixes or will it be enhancements, i.e., a dark theme :D

The CyanogenMod ROM would have to have some major reasons why I would want to go with it. This ROM is much faster than the stock ROM I was using. I am happy I made the switch from firmware v6 to this ROM.

------------

Reactions: kgjohns
Upvote 0
What exactly would Bump! do for this ROM?

Will version 18 have more fixes or will it be enhancements, i.e., a dark theme :D

The CyanogenMod ROM would have to have some major reasons why I would want to go with it. This ROM is much faster than the stock ROM I was using. I am happy I made the switch from firmware v6 to this ROM.

------------

Thank you that means a lot to me!!!

Well I am planning on decompiling the OmaDmclient.apk file (The Update Device error we are seeing) and removing the service it runs at boot so that the error doesn't show up anymore, but then you can still run the Update Profile and PRL.

Version 18 will also have an overclockable option as well (Thanks robaho.)

And yes, I am planning on making a dark theme as well (Once I figure out how to do that, but that will be in a later version)

Upvote 0
Thank you that means a lot to me!!!

Well I am planning on decompiling the OmaDmclient.apk file (The Update Device error we are seeing) and removing the service it runs at boot so that the error doesn't show up anymore, but then you can still run the Update Profile and PRL.

Version 18 will also have an overclockable option as well (Thanks robaho.)

And yes, I am planning on making a dark theme as well (Once I figure out how to do that, but that will be in a later version)

Cool. Looking forward to all this.

By the time you are ready for a dark theme, I'll have a dark theme phone dialer (which could be included in your dark theme ROM). Currently working on that now. ;)

------------

Reactions: sandix
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones