• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] [Rom] [ALPHA] [4.1.2] Cyanogenmod 10.0 Unofficial

Do you like puppy's?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay, I learned a bunch by reproducing a working stock kernel from LG's sources (in order to avoid problems with GameTheory's illegal terms).

1. The loki_tool from git doesn't recognize the T-Mobile aboot (dated Nov 4th? 2013)

2. The T-Mobile device works just fine with the MetroPCS aboot (dated Jun/July? 2013)

3. /sbin/wallpaper in the recovery put me in the dark for 4 hours with 'Security Errors'

4. The camera works best with the stock (from source, config extracted from T-Mobile config.gz)

I don't mean to keep spamming, I'm just putting 'documentation' for the record.

Sent from my LG-P659

Upvote 0
To get Loki, you would need version b for t/pcs
That's what I find weird, since I got my new aboot from P65910b_05.kdz (does the _05 mean anything?)

I also tried the new update you pushed, the screen backlight doesn't turn off if you mash the power button anymore ;( But instead, it now stays at the lowest brightness if you mash it.

Where did you get the libraries that I couldn't find in the stock virgin mobile rom? Did you just rummage around github until you found the symbols you needed? :eek:

Oh, and is there a way to use newer adreno drivers with this? It would be great to use GLES 3! :) I tried random ones from other phones on the same line of chips (msm8960, msm8974, etc.) and they either had symbol problems, or other dependency issues...

Upvote 0
That's what I find weird, since I got my new aboot from P65910b_05.kdz (does the _05 mean anything?)

I also tried the new update you pushed, the screen backlight doesn't turn off if you mash the power button anymore ;( But instead, it now stays at the lowest brightness if you mash it.

Where did you get the libraries that I couldn't find in the stock virgin mobile rom? Did you just rummage around github until you found the symbols you needed? :eek:

Oh, and is there a way to use newer adreno drivers with this? It would be great to use GLES 3! :) I tried random ones from other phones on the same line of chips (msm8960, msm8974, etc.) and they either had symbol problems, or other dependency issues...

Yes, thats version b. That will work. There's a stock rom on the forum that i built that already includes the aboot and boot you need.

The libraries were in the base rom i started with. It was a European f7 rom i believe.

No, it was Korean.

I wouldn't know if the newer drivers would work. I wouldn't know how to get them to work.

Btw, it was a bunch of trial and errors finding the correct proprietary binaries. Its still not 100% correct. At least it works.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So much progress made with all these CM roms. This rom is also so close to being finished, only bluetooth and LTE left. Good Luck with CM10 and CM11 cause you really have a handful there, xclusive.

We're just having fun and learning a few things. :) At this point, I'm not doing it alone. It's a team effort.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones