• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Visionary for Original Desire

Crusher3200

Jul 31, 2010
Has anyone used the Visionary R14 Root application for the ORIGINAL HTC Desire? I know this app is originally made for the Desire Z but I have installed it on my original desire to temp root my phone.

Now that I have temp root on my phone, I feel like I am ready to perm root it and probably install custom roms too. I've looked at unrevoked but it seems more complicated than Visionary's one click root on my phone without a computer.

Will I be able to safely perm root my original desire knowing that it was meant for the desire z? Theres a unroot button below the perm root on the app. Does this mean I can unroot a permroot as well so incase of anything I can send it back to HTC for repair from defects?

Thanks!!

I dont believe perm root works on desire. Just temp. Although try it.

The problem with visionary is unlike unrevoked, it doesnt give you a full custom recovery. You have to use rom manager or something to use fakeflash recovery, which isnt as good.

The upside of visionary is you nandroid restore your stock rom and remove root.

Personally I prefer the full root of unrevoked to visionary, but both have their pros and cons.

Upvote 0
I dont believe perm root works on desire. Just temp. Although try it.

The problem with visionary is unlike unrevoked, it doesnt give you a full custom recovery. You have to use rom manager or something to use fakeflash recovery, which isnt as good.

The upside of visionary is you nandroid restore your stock rom and remove root.

Personally I prefer the full root of unrevoked to visionary, but both have their pros and cons.

Would anything bad happen if I just "try" it? The last thing I want to happen is for it to brick or something. Its too awesome of a phone to use as a brick

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones